No Pictures

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO No Pictures

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    aberdeb
    Participant

I have added pictures to the events but they only show when the single event is opened. I just added the Facebook plug-in, and one of the imported events has a picture on the “picture view” so that means something is wrong…

Casey D

Hello again aberdeb!

Can you link to specific examples or give a bit more detail. Maybe even add a screenshot?

I’d love to help but I don’t know your system like you do, so it’s hard to figure out! 🙂

I see some photos are there in the ‘Photo View’, but not on all. Which one is the trouble maker?

2014-05-12 at 11.59 AM

Does this make sense? Let me know if I can explain anything else!

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

aberdeb
    Participant

The ones that have pictures are ones that imported from Facebook. All the others are manually entered and have pictures on the entry, but they only show up when you click on the specific event. Not sure what screen shots would be helpful

aberdeb
    Participant

I don’t remember how I got the screen shot in the post?

aberdeb
    Participant

I can’t get the plug in to open by clicking on import from Facebook. The error message is 504 Gateway Time-out
    nginx/1.6.0

Casey D

Hello aberdeb,

Here are some excellent tools for uploading some screenshots!

For the non-facebook events, you just need to upload a ‘featured image’ to the event. A normal image in the body of the event won’t show in the picture view.

Does this make sense? Let me know if this doesn’t work for you.

Can you give me more info about your nginx error? What are you clicking when that happens?

– Casey Driscoll

aberdeb
    Participant

Yes.. I thought the featured image would be an image that showed on every page, not be a different one for each event.. Perfect. That is a nights work ahead of me.

aberdeb
    Participant

One last question, I can’t click on Import: Facebook. I get this error message–I think this will be my last question for a while.. LOL504 Gateway Time-out
    nginx/1.6.0

Casey D

Hello aberdeb,

Do you only get that error on that one menu? Also, I’m assuming you’ve successfully used that page before?

This might be an issue with us or with them. Would you mind creating another thread?

This is what the page should look like:

2014-05-14 at 8.47 PM

– Casey Driscoll

aberdeb
    Participant

Just on that one page. I am really hoping to do some major loading of events this weekend so hope you can figure out what is wrong.. setting the featured picture has the calendar looking GREAT! Loving the pages that I have hooked to auto send organizations event to my draft file. Is there a way to share events back to facebook with the event picture.

Thanks again for all your fantastic support. Where do you send a testimonial?

Casey D

Hello aberdeb,

I believe the Facebook Plugin is a one way import from Facebook.

Could you try deactivating and reactivating the plugin? I’m not sure why it would lock down like that.

We’d love it if you would leave us a review and let people know how much you like the plugin! http://m.tri.be/jt

– Casey Driscoll

aberdeb
    Participant

I will deactivate as long as you promise that all the events I have posted won’t go away if I do that.. YIKES!

Casey D

Actually on this one, I’m not sure I can. Typically the data is fine when deactivating our plugins (and I believe it is in this case), but I’m not 100% sure how Facebook Events syncs with their API. 🙁

Please make sure you have a recent backup of your site before you start! I’m assuming nothing bad will happen, but better to be safe than sorry.

Could you split that off into another topic in our Facebook Events forum? I’m not sure if there is a bigger issue at play here. I think at least one other user might be facing the same thing.

I’ll go ahead and close this ticket, as the original question was answered.

Thanks!

– Casey Driscoll

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘No Pictures’ is closed to new replies.