No option to enter a license key

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions No option to enter a license key

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    dolainc
    Participant

I’m trying to activate the EventBrite plugin for TEC, but when I visit the Licenses tab in Settings > Licenses there is no field to enter the license key. Do I need PRO to use the EventBrite plugin?

I’m using WP 3.8

Leah

Hi dolainc,

Thanks for posting. You do not need Events Calendar PRO to use the Eventbrite Tickets plugin- you only need to have The Events Calendar and of course Eventbrite Tickets itself. Can you confirm for me that you are running The Events Calendar 3.5.1 and Eventbrite Tickets 3.5? We’ve had some reports of people not getting update notices, so please double check on your Plugins page even if you think you’re up to date. Also, are you using a multisite install? Thanks for your patience while we get to the bottom of this.

Best,

Leah

dolainc
    Participant

I am running TEC 3.5.1 and EventBrite 3.5 and it’s a single WordPress site. Here’s a screenshot of the Licenses page: http://i.imgur.com/sALGLcJ.png

dolainc
    Participant

Hello I also work at the same company and have tested out this issue by creating a fresh WordPress install. I have also verified that this issue happens regardless of server technology. I have also tried multiple versions of WordPress (3.5, 3.8, 3.8.3) but no field to insert key. Also have tried older version 3.5 of the events plugin. Perhaps you could test on your end by going to the “Settings > Licenses” page with a fresh WordPress install to reproduce this bug.

Leah

Hi dolainc,

Thank you for doing such thorough testing, I really appreciate it! We have indeed confirmed that this is a bug in 3.5. The bad news is that we don’t have a way to fix this yet. But the good news is that we are working hard on a solution and it will be fixed in version 3.6. Plus, you won’t miss out on any features or anything- you’ll just need to do a manual update to version 3.6 once it’s released. I apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you for your patience while we get this fixed.

Best,

Leah

Leah

Hi there,

I just wanted to let you know that we have been working diligently on a fix for this issue. Our next release (3.6) will be available soon and should correct this problem. You will see an update notice on your Plugins page. You will then need to manually update your premium plugins to 3.6. After that, you’ll be able to add your license keys under Events —> Settings —> License Keys and all future updates will be automatic.

To do the manual update, deactivate and delete the plugin from your Plugins page. You should not lose data, but we recommend that you backup your database first just in case. Then install the new version of the plugin (downloaded from tri.be/my-account/downloads/) and activate it. It will work best if you deactivate and delete all of your premium Events plugins and then install them all again, instead of one at a time. The Events Calendar can be updated to 3.6 normally.

If you have any trouble with the manual install or license keys, please post a new thread and we will assist you further. Thank you for your patience and understanding while we got this fixed.

Best,
    Leah

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘No option to enter a license key’ is closed to new replies.