No notification email being sent on completed order

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus No notification email being sent on completed order

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Daniel Morduchowicz
    Participant

I know this has been discussed before but customers are not being sent notification tickets on a completed order.
    I’m using events ticket plus and woocommerce.
    My site is hosted by hostgator.
    Please let me know what information to submit to you so you can help me fix the problem.
    I need to launch very soon.
    Best,
    Daniel

juanfra
    Keymaster

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

I’m sorry you are experiencing that issue.

The Event Tickets makes use of the default wp_mail() function to send the emails. Are you not able to send any other emails with your WordPress installation or is it only the Ticket email which isn’t working?

Have you tried to install a plugin like Easy WP SMTP? Does the ticket email get sent?

Let us know about it and we’ll try to help as much possible.

Thanks,
    Juan.

Daniel Morduchowicz
    Participant

I am able to send an email notification to me, the organizer, but not the ticket or any other email to the purchaser. I have not tried the plugin yet but I’m trying not to overload plugins as things are already too slow compared to coding a website from scratch. It is kind of inconceivable that sending a ticket to a client is such a buggy feature being as it this is a fundamental part of a ticketing solution.
    Please let me know what you suggest.

juanfra
    Keymaster

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for the follow-up.

Ok, you’re getting the emails but your client says he is not getting them. Have you asked him to check their spam folder? If you test purchasing a ticket and sending the notification, do you get to receive it?

When it comes to email notifications there are basically two things to check. On the first hand, that the emails are getting out, and on the other hand – if they’re actually going out – see if they’re not being received because they’re treated as spam (this usually has to do with the server they’re being sent from). Please have in mind that both cases have their workaround but they’re (usually) related to server configuration and not the plugin.

Would you please check if you’re receiving the notification email to your inbox as a purchaser? That way we’ll be able to determine the origin of the problem. With regards to adding another plugin (like the one I mentioned in my first message), if they’re well coded and trusted plugins, it shouldn’t be a problem having a vast number of them.

Thank you,

Juan.

Daniel Morduchowicz
    Participant

This reply is private.

juanfra
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Daniel Morduchowicz
    Participant

Hi,
    I installed the recommended plug in and it seems to have resolved my issue.
    I’m sure I’m not alone in wanting this, but I’d like to change the word Product in the email confirmation to something more descriptive such as “Reservation” or “Cooking Class Ticket”.
    Is that possible, or does that template come from Woocommerce?
    Best,
    Daniel

juanfra
    Keymaster

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for the follow-up.

I’m really happy to hear that 🙂

Yes, that email is the WooCommerce order email, you can learn how to customize their emails here: https://www.sellwithwp.com/customizing-woocommerce-order-emails/

Best,

Juan.

Daniel Morduchowicz
    Participant

This reply is private.

Daniel Morduchowicz
    Participant

Hi. I have succeeded in mostly everything I want. Been able to customize the wording on notifications and more.
    However this is a minor issue but I’m stumped and would like to resolve it.
    The notification email contains wording that does not apply to me: “You’ll receive your tickets in a separate email”.
    Where can I find the template that generates this snippet?
    Thank you
    Daniel

juanfra
    Keymaster

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for the follow-up. I hope you’re doing well.

The notification email message can be changed (assuming you’re using WooCommerce, by what you mentioned before) by using the following filter: wootickets_email_message

Something like this will work.

add_filter( 'wootickets_email_message', 'tec_custom_wootickets_email_message' );

function tec_custom_wootickets_email_message( $message ) {

$message = __( 'Your email message', 'your-textdomain' );

return $message;
    }

You can add the code to your theme functions.php file.

The filter is located in events-tickets-plus/src/Tribe/Commerce/WooCommerce/Main.php

Best,
    Juan.

juanfra
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Daniel Morduchowicz
    Participant

This reply is private.

juanfra
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘No notification email being sent on completed order’ is closed to new replies.