No Luck Importing from an Events Calendar PRO

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator No Luck Importing from an Events Calendar PRO

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Bob Lennard
    Participant

We’ve been using Events Calendar PRO for around a year, and we have been very happy with the results. We have a subsite on our WordPress instance with its own calendar. We upgraded this year to include Events Aggregator so we could keep the two calendars in sync.

However, as of yet, we have not been able to make it work. I’ve followed the instructions on importing from an URL, but no cigar. I don’t even get consistent error messages. Sometimes I get http_request fails. Sometimes I get Event Calendar REST API error messages. Regardless, as of yet, we have not been able to pull off a single import.

Needless to say, we are a bit frustrated and are wondering what we should do next. Any additional guidance you can provide in this area would be appreciated greatly.

Thanks,

Bob

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi there,

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having difficulty trying to import from another site. I will try to help get this sorted.

Can you share the URL of the site you are trying to import from? I’d like to try it out from my end to see what is happening.

Thanks,
    Sky

Bob Lennard
    Participant

Trying to pull from Event Calendar Pro itself. The URL is kolami-tx.org/wp/events/ . We are pulling it into our subsite: kolami-tx.org/wp/education/

Thanks,

Bob

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi Bob,

I tried this import on Friday, and also got an error that it was having trouble connecting to the site.

I tried again just now, and was able to import events from that URL without issue. However, I ran it a second time, and got the error again. Two more times, and it connected and worked each time.

It seems to be having intermittent connection issues with your site. Can you tell me a little bit about your hosting? Shared hosting? How many sites are you running from the server instance?

Can you try running the import 3 or 4 times in a row and see if you are able to connect at all?

Thanks,
    Sky

Bob Lennard
    Participant

We use Inmotion Hosting. Although, to be honest, I’ve never dug into much detail in regard to whether we are on a shared instance or not. But, based on the pricing, I would almost guarantee that we are. We only have 1 site running from this instance. We have 1 GB of memory on the server (in case you need that).

I have tried and retried. I would say I get a good connection maybe 1 out of every 10 or 15 tries.

Thanks,

Bob

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

The only thing I can think to suggest is to try changing the following setting: Events > Settings > Import > “Import Process System” from “Asynchronous” to “Cron-based” or vice versa depending on what you currently have set here.

Can you give that a shot and see if it changes anything?

Thanks,
    Sky

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘No Luck Importing from an Events Calendar PRO’ is closed to new replies.