No fields appearing in Community Add form after running update

Home Forums Ticket Products Community Tickets No fields appearing in Community Add form after running update

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    lindsayhanna17
    Participant

Hi there

I just ran the latest updates for Community Tickets and Event Tickets plus and now the fields for Categories, venue, organizer as well as the pop up calendars are no longer appearing. Are you able to help?

lindsayhanna17
    Participant

And just to update you, I reverted back to the previous version and the form is running now.

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Thanks for emailing support. Can you also try testing for conflicts with your theme and other plugins? If you would prefer not to do this on your live site, WP Staging will let you create a quick copy of your live site that you can use for testing. Let me know what you find!

Thanks,
    Brendan

lindsayhanna17
    Participant

Hi There

Apologies for the very slow reply but it took a while before I could get to this. I was able to narrow this down to a conflict with the TicketBox theme. I will contact their support so they can look into the issue as they recommend your pluging.

Thanks again.

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Thanks for the follow-up and clue on to what is happening in case other customers have this theme.

Brendan

lindsayhanna17
    Participant

Hi there

After troubleshooting with the theme developer, they had suggested disabling all caching plugins which we did (including at the hosting level) but I continue to experience the issue. They have now directed me back to the plugin developer as they believe this issue is with the plugin.

I should also note that I’ve reinstalled the older version of the plugin on my site for the moment as I need the form to continue functioning properly. I do have WP Staging installed if that is of any help.

I checked the console and I am receiving error messages that were reported by other users as well. I’ve attached a screenshot for you to see.

I appreciate any help you can provide me.

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Rolling back to a previous version was a good choice. Users who are experiencing this issue are using themes that have custom overrides on our plugin.

We have a dev looking into this but not sure what can be done on our end. I will keep you posted when I find out more info. In the meantime, the previous version should work fine.

Thanks,
    Brendan

lindsayhanna17
    Participant

Thank you! I appreciate anything you can do.

lindsayhanna17
    Participant

I’m not sure if this helps lead you in any direction but tonight I tried updating the free Event Tickets plugin and all of the ticket options disappeared on the events pages. I’ve again reverted back to the previous version of the plugin.

I’m also getting the following message under the Events Calendar PRO

“There is new version of The Events Calendar PRO available but your license key is out of installs. Visit the Events Calendar website to manage your installs, upgrade your license, or purchase a new one.”

From what I can across in the forums, this may be because I wasn’t able to update all plugins. I definitely don’t have this plugin installed anywhere else, nor have I tried.

Not sure if any of this information is helpful but thought I should pass it along.

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

We did discover a bug with the date picker that is causing this issue on certain themes. We are currently working on a fix and I have added you to the list of people to notify once its resolved.

I will let you know if we have a workaround in the meantime.

Thanks,

Brendan

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Lindsay!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of Community Events is out, including a fix for this issue.

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/announcing-the-events-calendar-4-6-22-1-and-community-events-4-5-13-1/

We appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

As always, we suggest to setup a dev/staging site so you can make all plugin updates without disrupting the live site.

Please update your plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

lindsayhanna17
    Participant

Thank you so much!

I was able to test on a staging site and then update on our live site. The update solved the issue.

Thanks again.

Brendan
    Keymaster

Glad to hear!

Thanks,
    Brendan

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘No fields appearing in Community Add form after running update’ is closed to new replies.