NO Events Directory, Site Re-Directs to WordPress Install

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO NO Events Directory, Site Re-Directs to WordPress Install

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Marian
    Participant

WordPress 4.2.2
    The Events Calendar 3.10.1
    Events Calendar Pro 3.10.1
    Filter Bar 3.10.1
    Site: Celebrate-Family.com/WP

I have been having these problems for the last 2-3 weeks. I’ve tried everything I could think of and found in the forums so here is my cry for help.

Problems:
    1) No events directory
    2) Events calendar directory redirects to install Word Press
    3) Even when the Events Calendar is installed there is no search box (on the admin side) to search for events for editing.
    4) When I install and activate the Filter Bar the whole Events Calendar disappears and defaults to Word Press install.

Here is a list of what has happened and the steps I have taken over the last few weeks:
    1) My events sub-directory disappeared after I changed my NameServers. My web hosting company uploaded an earlier copy and everything was fine. Until I changed NameServers again and the sub-directory disappeared again.

2) I re-installed the Plug Ins. The events directory was still empty but the calendar was visible and I could input events.

3) Imported a number events, went to check the Events calendar and got a re-direct to WordPress install (what language would you like).

4) Installed new version of Events Calendar Pro. Had problems with install because web site has ‘hyphen’ in the name. Read instructions, re-installed Events Calendar Pro.

5) Still no events directory. Several days pass and again get re-directed to Word Press Install

6) Delete Events Calendar, Events Calendar Pro and Filter Bar

7) Reinstall Events Calendar, Events Calendar Pro and Filter Bar. Events Calendar is not visible.

8) Delete Events Calendar, Events Calendar Pro and Filter Bar

7) Reinstall Events Calendar, Events Calendar Pro. Calendar is visible and can input events again.

Current situation:
    Several days pass and again get re-directed to Word Press Install

George
    Participant

Hey Marian,

Sorry for your angst and troubles here, hopefully we can straighten things out.

First, to be 100% clear about our terms, what do you mean exactly by “Sub-directory”?

Do you mean that the folder for the plugin at wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar does not exist?

Or do you mean that Celebrate-Family.com/WP/events does not exist as a page?

Next, I went to Celebrate-Family.com/WP and was indeed met with the “Install WordPress” prompt. Celebrate-Family.com/WP does not seem to be an active WordPress installation at this time.

I’m not sure why this happens, but it cannot be anything related to The Events Calendar or Events Calendar PRO. If things changed drastically by changing your nameservers and such, and WordPress is still prompting you to install it on your site, then it sounds like there are deeper issues here with your web hosting configuration and/or how you’ve gone about setting up WordPress on your site. It seems like WordPress itself is not installed and that is an essential required for The Events Calendar.

Let me know what you think here, because there doesn’t seem to be an active WordPress site but yet you were able to input events and such at one time:

7) Reinstall Events Calendar, Events Calendar Pro. Calendar is visible and can input events again.

Weird indeed.

— George

Marian
    Participant

Hi George, can I get a refund for my Calendar Pro and Filter Bar. It has really been a problem for me. I don’t know if it is because my site name has a ‘-‘ in it or because of the number of events that I have in my database but the events calendar has not worked for me. Over the pass several weeks my installation has been down almost 75 percent. According to my provider it is because there have been so many calls against my SQL database (over 75K). And the problem is the plug in. The only plug in I have are Events Calendar, Events Calendar Pro and the Filter Bar. I did not have any of these types of problems with my old site http://celebrate-family.com/events/. In fact I have never had this type of problem and my other site has been up for 4 years.

George
    Participant

Hey Marian, yes, shoot us an email at [email protected] with a copy of your original email receipts for both items that you want refunded (or just one email if you bought both items together at the same time).

We’ll issue a refund immediately.

I’m sorry you ran into these troubles on your site but appreciate your willingness to try our plugins anyway!

— George

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘NO Events Directory, Site Re-Directs to WordPress Install’ is closed to new replies.