no events are listed in my admin

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO no events are listed in my admin

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    thebeaver
    Participant

I’m testing a personal license for the Events Calendar Pro for a website I’m building and I keep adding events and nothing is showing up in the admin panel under Events it says “no events found”. But there are events in the Calendar View and Mini-Calendar in the sidebar.
    Can you advise?

I have no other plugins installed.
    I am using a child theme of twentytwelve
    I tried using twentyeleven (same result)
    I have made only a couple modifications to the single post view (child theme).

Barry

That sounds really strange … if you create a new event what happens? Do you still see a no events found message and does the event still show up within the calendar view?

Can I also confirm that versions of both The Events Calendar and Events Calendar PRO that you are using are at 2.0.10?

thebeaver
    Participant

Hi Barry,
    As i just bought the license, i can confirm the version I am using is 2.1.10.
    As i said above. I add events and the Events list in the admin says “no events found” I deleted and added events again, same result. I just created an event for tomorrow, published said event and there are “no events found” in the Admin.
    I have 3 events in the widget calendar view, the upcoming list and 4 in the main calendar (one fake event has passed). None are visible in the Admin Events list.

Barry

OK, and when you opened the thread you marked that you had tried deactivating all other plugins: can I confirm if that affected this problem at all?

Barry

Sorry, I totally forgot you said that you had no other plugins installed. What we’d need to do in this instance is take a much closer look, if you are happy for us to do so.

Can you:

• Back up everything and ensure you know how to restore that backup
    • Email us at [email protected] marking your email for my attention
    • We will run through our standard troubleshooting steps, deactivating/changing components (in this case, probably just the theme if you have no other plugins installed)
    • We would need FTP and an administrative login

Naturally this would cause some disruption though we would work as quickly as possible. If that’s all in order please do email us and we’ll take a look (probably on Monday rather than this week, however).

thebeaver
    Participant

Hi Barry,
    That would be great.
    I’ll get everything ready (back-ups etc) for you to run tests on Monday and send you an email later today (probably this evening) when i have.

thanks for getting back to me.

Leah

Hey Richelle,

I just wanted to pop in and say that we did receive your email. Like most of the support team, Barry has been out for the holiday weekend but will get back to you as soon as possible early this week. Thanks for your patience.

Cheers,
    Leah

Barry

Thanks Richelle: I’ve responded directly by email – however nothing is standing out here so let’s investigate the possibility of adjusting the memory_limit setting first of all and then take things from there.

Desiree
    Participant

No events are showing in my admin either – only one (of 19) items in ‘All’, the same item (of 11) in ‘Published’, and a different one (of 8) in ‘Pending’. I have screen-grabs of each page. I also have a screen-grab of the plugins on this site – there are only a few – Akismet ( currently deactivated), Audio Player, NextGEN Gallery, Secure WordPress and WordPress Database Backup (plus The Events Calendar and Community Events).

I appreciate any suggestions you have have. Thank you.

Desirée

Desiree
    Participant

I see now that each is showing only one event – the ‘End Date’ is toggling the first and last entry in each. Is there a setting that I can change to show all the events in ‘All’ ‘Published’ and ‘Pending’?

Desiree
    Participant

Screen Options has been set to 20 events and all categories are checked.

Barry

Can you share a link to one of the screenshots you have that demonstrate this problem?

Desiree
    Participant

Here is a link to all three screenshots – http://www.forunews.com/screenshots/

Barry

So to wrap up the first half of the ticket (in case anyone else experiences the same problems as Richelle) that was a problem whereby the list was being filtered inadvertently. The solution was simply to click on the Clear button in the Filters & Columns meta box 🙂

Barry

Hi Desiree: normally you should be able to see a meta box above the list of events entitled Filters & Columns however that doesn’t seem to be present in the screenshots.

Can you confirm what versions of our plugins (not only Events Calendar PRO but The Events Calendar and any other Modern Tribe plugins, too) you are using. Can you also try our standard troubleshooting steps:

• Ensure that your Modern Tribe plugins are up-to-date and in synch (ie, if The Events Calendar is at version 2.0.10 then so should Events Calendar PRO be at that version)
    • Deactivate all other plugins
    • Also change your theme: select a default and unmodified theme such as Twenty Eleven
    • Now test to see if the problem is still present or has been resolved: if it has been resolved, reactivate everything one-by-one until you discover which component (if any) is conflicting here

These steps are particularly worthwhile as it seems you have another Events-type plugin which has also registered an Events menu, which does raise the potential for a conflict.

Look forward to hearing from you 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘no events are listed in my admin’ is closed to new replies.