No comments on events page

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO No comments on events page

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Christopher
    Participant

Hi guys,
    Firstly, thanks for all the hard work and generally awesome plugin! I happily paid the $50 even though I didn’t need the added functionality ;P

What I am trying to achieve is have some facebook comments come into the event’s page – is people will be able to add comments using the App. I’ve created the app and it’s working just fine on the ‘blog’ section of the site, however, even though I leave the checkbox ticked for ‘allow comments’ there is still no option to leave a comment once the event’s published.

Is this a known bug? Or is it something to do with my theme? I’m a little frustrated as I need to have this site up and running in 2 weeks – please help me where you can! THANKS!

[moved from General Announcements – sorry guys!]

Christopher
    Participant

Okay, so after digging about, I think it may have something to do with the theme.

I have changed the settings in the admin panel:

The Events Calendar Settings > Theme Settings > Events Template and can only get a typical WP comments div appearing with is is set to ‘default events template’. It however loses all the CSS etc.

Do you guys have any ideas as to how I can intergrate this correctly so that the theme gives the option to have comments?

Rob

Hey Christopher. Thanks for the notes; glad to see you were able to dig into this. We had a bug related to comments appearing in the Default Events Template that was introduced in 2.0.1, but is patched for 2.0.2 (which should be releasing any day now). My guess is the upgrade will fix this; can you confirm upon doing so – you’ll be prompted to update on the WP backend – whether this is still an issue or not? I can keep looking into it from there, should it persist.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘No comments on events page’ is closed to new replies.