No comments in events view

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO No comments in events view

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Christopher
    Participant

Hi guys,
    Firstly, thanks for all the hard work and generally awesome plugin! I happily paid the $50 even though I didn’t need the added functionality ;P

What I am trying to achieve is have some facebook comments come into the event’s page – is people will be able to add comments using the App. I’ve created the app and it’s working just fine on the ‘blog’ section of the site, however, even though I leave the checkbox ticked for ‘allow comments’ there is still no option to leave a comment once the event’s published.

Is this a known bug? Or is it something to do with my theme? I’m a little frustrated as I need to have this site up and running in 2 weeks – please help me where you can! THANKS!

Christopher
    Participant

Oh no, I’ve posted this in the incorrect section! Sorry guys!

Rob

No worries Christopher; I’ve moved it over accordingly. What theme are you using? We’ve received a few reports of comments not appearing with certain themes that we’re working to fix for 2.1. On the other hand, it could just be a template-related issue. We’ve got a bug in 2.0.1 (fixed for 2.0.2, which will hopefully launch today) regarding the comment box not appearing in the Default Page Template. In the short term, you should be able to resolve this by changing to the Default Events Template.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you’ve got any other questions on this.

Christopher
    Participant

Hi there,

I have updated the site, but I am sorry to say that it has not sorted out the issue.

Can I give you access to my wp-admin and you can poke around there? I’d be happy to publish the outcome here on the forum once sorted out, I’m just not too comfy having all my details up here for the world to read.

Christopher
    Participant

Okay so I reckon that it is actually the theme that is messing me around..

So what I’ve done is, I’ve decided that (even though it is a bit of a hack) I am going to use shortcodes within the loops to get the job done.

Am I correct in saying that I can just paste something like within the php files in the plugin?

Is there a list of what page does what in the plugin / loops? That would make like a lot easier (as there are gazillions of pages!!)

Christopher
    Participant

It seems that it didn’t like the code so I’m trying again

Christopher
    Participant

Ah hell.. third time’s the charm:

?php echo do_shortcode(‘[shrortcode_goodness]’); ?

Rob

Hey Christopher. This plugin doesn’t actually allow for shortcodes, given how it’s built. But, you do have a number of template tags at your disposal that should give you greater customization options regarding how to display events and where. Have you checked out our documentation on that? It can be found right here: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/documentation/.

Does that give you what you need, or at least point you in the right direction?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘No comments in events view’ is closed to new replies.