No calendar or list

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO No calendar or list

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Nik
    Participant

I recently updated WP to 4.0 and subsequently updated all of my plugins and theme (Camp), including Events Calendar Pro. Previously on my events page I had a calendar view, now I have nothing. I have tried disabling every plugin and viewing it in standard theme, and still nothing. I have tried different events templates and still nothing. I viewed the source code, and there isn’t even anything loading into the page related to the events calendar, other than the CSS. Single event details display properly. On a whim, I tried using a plugin called Event Rocket and added their calendar shortcode onto my events page…miraculously it worked! It didn’t look exactly the way I wanted it to, but it worked. I would prefer not to have to use this plugin, so if you have any ideas what might be going on I would appreciate it.

Barry

Hi Nik,

I’m sorry you’re encountering difficulties.

I can reach your main events page, and even navigate back to previous events. Something doesn’t seem right, though … have you made any customizations at all?

If you visit Events > Settings > Display, can you confirm that month view is enabled?

Thanks!

Nik
    Participant

I have been testing various things, so it was probably on list when you tried. It’s now on month view. I deactivated the event rocket plugin so, I’m curious if you see anything now. I can’t see past events or anything unless that plugin is enabled. There is no customizations…I even deleted and reinstalled and still have this issue.

Barry

Have you by any chance created a page also called Events (or with a post slug of events)?

There are a few signs that make me thing WordPress is actually loading a (blank) page of that name in this case.

If so can you try deleting it, and/or flush permalinks by visiting the Settings > Permalinks screen? You don’t actually need to change any settings, just visiting that screen will cause a flush to take place.

If I actually navigate directly to month view though (yoursite.com/events/month) it works as expected so far as I can tell and though there is nothing scheduled this month if I page back to August I see some events.

Nik
    Participant

I think you’re on to something, but it’s still not there. I did have a page called events, and I deleted it. I then flushed the permalinks as you described, but now instead of showing nothing it shows my 404 nothing found response.

Barry

OK.

At this point can you run through our standard troubleshooting steps and, before you start reactivating your plugins/theme, can you repeat the permalink flush step?

Please note that if you happen to be using a caching plugin you should pay close attention to the plugin author’s recommended steps for completely removing caching (as it’s possible for the effects of caching to persist after the plugin has been deactivated).

Are you able to access the main events page at that point?

Barry

Hi! It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. If we can help with anything else, though, please don’t hesitate to create new threads as needed. Thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘No calendar or list’ is closed to new replies.