No admin email

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus No admin email

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    vaisoco
    Participant

Can you please advise where I enter the email address that will be used to receive RSVPs.
    Customer is complaining that he is not receiving any notifications when someone box and events using RSVP. I have “events calendar pro” and “events ticket plus” plugins.

Thankyou.

Geoff

George
    Participant

Hey Geoff,

Thanks for reaching out!

You say, “the email address that will be used to receive RSVPs.” Can you clarify what you mean? The emails used to receive RSVPs are whatever email address the user who makes the RSVP entered.

You say this, too: “Customer is complaining that he is not receiving any notifications when someone box and events using RSVP.”

To be clear, a customer will not get notifications of someone else making RSVPs. Is that what you mean?

Thank you,
    George

vaisoco
    Participant

My apologies.
    What I mean is that the owner of the website needs to receive an email confirming than an RSVP event has been booked.
    Where do we set that email address?

George
    Participant

Thank you for elaborating here!

There is unfortunately no such notification option at this time—you would have to custom-code a solution to do this.

While we cannot help with customizations, this is fortunately a fairly straightforward customization to make and I would love to help get you started.

You’ll need to take the reins from here, but to get started, try pasting code like this into your theme’s style.css file:

add_action( 'event_tickets_rsvp_tickets_generated', 'tribe_notify_admin_about_rsvp' );

function tribe_notify_admin_about_rsvp( $order_id ) {

wp_mail( '[email protected]', 'New RSVP!', 'A new RSVP has been made.', array( 'Content-type: text/html' ) );
    }

To get more creative and specialized, you can modify this call of wp_mail() to suit your needs. Learn more about that function here → https://developer.wordpress.org/reference/functions/wp_mail/

Best of luck with your customizing!
    George

vaisoco
    Participant

George – I honestly cant believe you dont provide the ability to alert the admin to a new RSVP.
    How is he/she supposed to know that there has been an event order placed?
    Are they supposed to manually check every day to see whats happening?

Geoff

George
    Participant

Hey Geoff,

I can create a development ticket to try and encourage this to be a feature of our plugins. I agree that it should be.

At this time, the only solution/workaround is something along the lines of what I recommended above.

Thank you,
    George

vaisoco
    Participant

I totally understand and thank you very much for your help.
    The code you selected does indeed send email to the email to the chosen address.
    How can we include the course name and date in the email – could you advise as the client would have no idea which course has been booked.

Thankyou so very much.

Geoff

George
    Participant

Hey Geoff,

Thanks for your follow-up. Adding more complicated information like the course name and all of that is unfortunately a bit too far outside the scope of support that we can provide. Please read more about this here.

As a word of advice to hopefully help point you in the right direction, at least, notice how $order_id is available to that tribe_notify_admin_about_rsvp() function I wrote for you? In that function, where the wp_mail() function is called which sends the email, you can get clever and use that $order_id to back-engineer the data to get basically any information you want.

It’s complicated, unfortunately, and will take much tinkering. But if you play around with Post Meta and use debugging tools like var_dump() along the way, you should hopefully be able to put something together. I would recommend reading these Codex articles as well:

https://developer.wordpress.org/reference/functions/wp_mail/
    https://developer.wordpress.org/reference/functions/get_post_meta/

If you need more assistance customizing the emails, then the best course of action is to hire a developer to assist you. We have a list of great developers here, in case it’s helpful → http://m.tri.be/18k1 (and we have no affiliation with any of these folks–they’re simply some well-respected names in the community that we’ve compiled).

As noted, I will make a ticket for this feature to eventually arrive in the plugins officially, too. So hopefully at some point the plugin will provide all of these details automatically. I’m sorry that it doesn’t currently!

Sincerely,
    George

lisa
    Participant

I too cannot believe this isn’t built into the plugin. In my opinion, there are several glaring omissions from this plugin that one would assume were included but it’s not until after it’s been setup/installed that it’s apparent of the missing functionality–this being one of them. Not being able to customize the RSVP fields (like phone, add to mailing list too), being able to choose to display “List me on the public attendee list”…

George
    Participant

I’m sorry to disappoint @Lisa!

The plugins are ever-changing and we are constantly trying to make them better; please do share these thoughts and other suggestions/opinions on our UserVoice page here ? https://tribe.uservoice.com

Ideas posted to that page can be voted on by other customers, and we can track ideas there and communicate about their development process. Check it out and share your thoughts!

Sincerely,
    George

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘No admin email’ is closed to new replies.