ng: sprintf(): Too few arguments in …../wp-content/plugins/the

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO ng: sprintf(): Too few arguments in …../wp-content/plugins/the

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Christian
    Participant

I keep getting this error in my controlepannel?

ng: sprintf(): Too few arguments in /home/www/xxxxxx/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/admin-views/tribe-options-display.php on line 58

Cliff

Hi Christian. Sorry you’re having this issue, and thanks for sending your system information. I see you have the current versions of WordPress, the Events plugin, the PRO add-on, and the WooCommerce Tickets add-on — which is great.

I looked into the file mentioned in your error message, and there is a sprintf there, but I don’t believe there’s an error. Additionally, I’m not seeing the error message you mentioned at the place this code is output: /wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=tribe_events&page=tribe-events-calendar&tab=display

Here’s my screenshot of the top of that wp-admin link. Do you see the same thing, specifically the top info box that starts with the text, “The settings below control the display of your calendar” ?

Screenshot 2015-09-23 15.29.34

Oliver
    Participant

I experience the same issue, apparently.

I do not see the text you mention (“The settings below control the display of your calendar”) – though the site is in Danish (da_dk), so I’d expect the danish translation of it, but it’s not there. Only the headline (“Vis indstillinger” – Danish translation for “Display Settings”) is shown.

Upon saving the settings, a white page with this text is displayed:

Warning: sprintf() [function.sprintf]: Too few arguments in /nfs/c06/h06/mnt/87553/domains/galleripind.dk/html/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/admin-views/tribe-options-display.php on line 58

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c06/h06/mnt/87553/domains/galleripind.dk/html/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/admin-views/tribe-options-display.php:58) in /nfs/c06/h06/mnt/87553/domains/galleripind.dk/html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1207

Cliff

Oliver, I appreciate you sharing your additional info.

===

Christian,

Yes, I believe this is an issue with translations. The developers told me that sometimes the code can get updated (e.g. add an additional sprintf argument) but the language pack doesn’t keep up.

As such, if you switch back to English, the message(s) should go away.

Translation information (including if/how language packs can get updated) can be viewed at https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/changing-the-language-on-your-calendar/

Oliver
    Participant

Hi Cliff

Surely it must be fixable from your side??

This is a client site, I can’t just switch them to an English UI – they’re a bunch of Danish non-tech users.

Christian
    Participant

Same here. cant just change lang

Cliff

Oliver and Christian,

I didn’t mean to suggest you should actually change your production site to English. I understand that’s not practical.

I meant that IF you did, the error would go away… since it’s caused by using a translation.

Sorry for the miscommunication.

===

As far as getting a fix goes, I’ve clarified with the developers that it is a bug on our side and not with the actual translations. I’ve filed an official internal bug report. We’re keen to get these things resolved but don’t offer estimates of when they’ll be released.

Thanks for getting to the bottom of this with me and for bringing it to our attention!

Cliff

The developers asked for you to double-check if it’s still happening with the most recent version of our plugins.

You can download the latest version of core at https://wordpress.org/plugins/the-events-calendar/ and of the add-on(s) at https://theeventscalendar.com/my-account/downloads/

If it IS still happening on the latest versions of our plugins, would you mind grabbing your system information and pasting it here? Make sure to use the “Set as private reply” checkbox to protect your private information from the public.

You can find the system info by going to WP Admin > Events > Settings, clicking on the “Help” tab, and scrolling down to the “System Information” box. (Or by going to [yoursite]/wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=tribe_events&page=tribe-events-calendar&tab=help)

That will give me a lot of extra information to help diagnose the problem.

Thank you!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘ng: sprintf(): Too few arguments in …../wp-content/plugins/the’ is closed to new replies.