Next/Previous Month arrows in widget view don't go anywhere

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Next/Previous Month arrows in widget view don't go anywhere

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    vivek
    Participant

Hi, I love the Events Calendar PRO product but I’ve been encountering a few issues just as I’m trying to go live with my site.
    The most major of them all is that the Next Month and Previous Month arrows don’t go anywhere in widget view.

I’ve taken screenshots of the issue, the URL address is also there so you can go there and try it out for yourself too.

View post on imgur.com

I need to go live today or tomorrow so please answer ASAP!

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Vivek,

There’s likely a script error or conflict with a plugin or your theme that is preventing the links from working. Can you provide us a link to your site so I can actually test it out? If not, what I would suggest is to look for any scripts errors and try to resolve them (or post here) or deactivating all other plugins to see if there is a conflict with one.

I hope that helps!

– Jonah

vivek
    Participant

Hi Jonah,
    Sure! The link to the site is currently http://quantumtestprep.com/sandbox

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Vivek,

Strange… Have you tried deactivating all other plugins and/or switching to the Twenty Eleven theme to rule out conflicts? If so, and the issue persists I would suggest reinstalling the plugins. Have you made modifications to any of the plugin files via overrides in an ‘events’ folder in your theme?

– Jonah

vivek
    Participant

Hi Jonah,
    I’ve tried deactivating all other plugins and the problem persists. I’ve only made small superficial changes to the CSS– I changed the colour of links. In the override area, I added closing table tags () to prevent the calendar from being the full width of the screen, and that is it. I’m in the process of backing up the site before I try switching themes, will all of the theme options be retained if I switch back to Twenty Eleven for a bit?

vivek
    Participant

I’ve since tried deactivating the theme, and the calendar’s arrows work in Twenty Eleven…
    I take it there is some kind of conflict. How can I get around this? Are there tags or something somewhere I can rename? Files to edit?

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Vivek,

Where did you add the closing table tags? Please be more specific about what you edited and where.

Thanks,
    – Jonah

vivek
    Participant

Hi Jonah, this is where I added the closing table tags: http://i.imgur.com/DEi23.png

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Vivek, if you are just adding closing HTML tags and do not have the open equivalents of them, this is likely going to break some things. If you need your calendar full width there are better ways to do it. Via CSS and/or editing the plugin template files (https://theeventscalendar.com/support/documentation/events-calendar-themers-guide/).

What happens when you take these closing tags out? Does it resolve your issue? If so, I would keep them out and try to find another solution for making the calendar full width.

Cheers,
    Jonah

vivek
    Participant

Hi, I’ve since removed the closing tags– this resolved several other issues, but not this one.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Vivek,

Since you said the arrows worked in the Twenty Eleven theme, there must be something in your theme that is conflicting with this functionality. Want to send us a copy of your theme and we’ll see what we can figure out? You can email to pro [at] tri [dot] be and please reference this thread in the email.

Thanks,
    Jonah

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Vivek,

I was able to confirm the issue myself but do not know what the problem is. I’ve passed it on to one of our developers to try and figure it out. Stay tuned.

Thanks,
    Jonah

Rob

Just a heads up here, Vivek (as Jonah is now on sabbatical)…I had another dev take a look here and have confirmed the issue. Seems like jquery.validate.js decided to re-declare how jquery.delegate works. This was probably done before .delegate was added to jquery…but it’d be nice of them to check if there’s native .delegate before fu¢¬ing with it. Changing our code from .delegate to .live fixes the issue.

This has been pushed to our dev branch and will be included in the next (2.0.9) release sometime in early September. Thanks for your patience so far and let me know if you have any other questions.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Next/Previous Month arrows in widget view don't go anywhere’ is closed to new replies.