Next Events Widget again

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Next Events Widget again

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Chimo

Hi all.
    I purchased the module events because I think a great business tool, covering virtually all my needs to publish events quickly and easily. It’s a great job.
    But …
    There are a couple of errors that have not been able to solve, I have reviewed the forum and as my level of English is very fair I can find no answer.
    Next Events Widget.
    As the default, is a finding of “positioning”. The date is placed above the marker point. Here you can see that indicated failure. http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/3373/dotf.jpg
    I have also tried placing the thumbnail using the instructions in https://theeventscalendar.com/how-to-show-featured-thumbnails-in-the-next-events-widget/ Indicate to but neither do I have.
    I understand that I must create a folder called “events” in the theme folder you are using, and inside that folder make a copy of the widget-featured file-display.php like a copy of events.css. I am currently using the theme Route. With the current structure is as follows:
    wp-content> themes> Route> events
    And within that last folder I copy the widget-featured-display.php
    If so not the right way to do it, if not I will appreciate it as I should aclararais to work properly.
    Event Calendar
    There are also graphic bug that makes the name of the month just above positions as the arrows show in the picture below.
    http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5562/calj.jpg

I hope I podais help solve these little doubts and if they are already resolved issues, tell me where to look.
    Thank you very much and apologize for my English, is a translation of google.
    We also transcribe the text in Spanish if anyone understands my language.

Hola a todos.
    Adquirí el modulo de eventos porque me parece una gran herramienta de trabajo y cubría prácticamente todas mis necesidades para publicar eventos de manera sencilla y rápida. Es un gran trabajo.
    Pero…
    Hay un par de errores que no he sido capaz de resolver, he repasado el foro y como mi nivel de ingles es muy justo no he conseguido encontrar respuesta.
    Next Events Widget.
    Tal y como viene por defecto, tiene un fallo de “posicionamiento”. La fecha se coloca encima del punto marcador. Aquí podréis ver el fallo que indico. http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/3373/dotf.jpg
    También he probado a colocar la miniatura utilizando las instrucciones que indicáis en https://theeventscalendar.com/how-to-show-featured-thumbnails-in-the-next-events-widget/ pero tampoco he podido realizarlo.
    Creo entender que debo crear una carpeta llamada “events” dentro de la carpeta del theme que esté utilizando, Y dentro de esa carpeta hacer una copia del fichero widget-featured-display.php al igual que una copia del events.css. Actualmente estoy utilizando el theme Route. Con lo que la estructura actual es la siguiente:
    wp-content>themes>Route>events
    Y dentro de esa ultima carpeta he copia el widget-featured-display.php
    No se si es asi la manera correcta de hacerlo, si no es así os agradecería que me aclararais como debo hacerlo para que funcione de manera correcta.
    Event Calendar
    Tambien hay fallo grafico que hace que el nombre del mes se posiciones justo encima de las flechas tal y como muestro en la imagen siguiente.
    http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5562/calj.jpg

Espero que me podais ayudar a resolver estas pequeñas dudas y si ya son temas resueltos, indicarme donde mirar.
    Muchas gracias y disculpar por mi ingles, es traducción de google.
    Os transcribo también el texto en español por si alguien entiende mi idioma.

Joyce Grace

Hello Chimo,

Thank you for writing. I tried to understand what I could from your translation.

It sounds to me like you are experience a theme issue conflict, and need to work with your CSS a little bit.

We don’t normally support this type of customization, but if I can get you help, I first need to know that you have tried all of the following to solve your problems, since these are the most common causes of things like this:

1. Are you running the latest version of WordPress?
    2. Are you running the latest versions of our plugins (2.0.7)?
    3. Have you tried deactivating all other plugins to rule out a conflict?
    4. Have you tried reverting to the Twenty Eleven theme to see if it’s something with your theme?

If you can confirm you have done all of the above, we will be better able to help you.

Also, I need a link to your live site – not just screenshots, can you provide that to me?

Thanks!

Here is my Mac’s translation of my response into Spanish for you 🙂

Hola Chimo,

Gracias por escribir. Intenté entender lo que podría de su traducción.

Me suena como usted es experiencia al conflicto del problema del tema, y necesita trabajar con su CSS un poco.

No utilizamos normalmente este tipo de arreglo para requisitos particulares, pero si puedo conseguirle ayudar, Primero necesito saber que usted haya intentado todo el siguiente para solucionar sus problemas, puesto que éstas son las causas mas comunes de cosas como esto:
    1. ¿Usted está funcionando con la última versión de WordPress?
    2. ¿Usted está funcionando con las últimas versiones de nuestros enchufes (2.0.7)?
    3. ¿Usted ha intentado desactivar el resto de los enchufes para eliminar un conflicto?
    4. ¿Usted ha intentado invertir al tema veinte once para ver si es algo con su tema?

Si usted puede confirmar usted ha hecho todo el antedicho, nosotros podrá mejor ayudarle.

¿También, necesito una conexión a su sitio vivo – no apenas las capturas de pantalla, puede usted proporcionarme eso?

Chimo

Hi Joyce, thanks for answering.
    In response to your questions:
    1 – Yes, I’m working under the latest version of WordPress, version 3.4.1 exactly
    2 – Yes, I am working with the Pro version 2.0.8
    3 – Yes, I have also tried to disable the other plugins installed and the problem persists.
    4 – I tried several themes and repeated failures. However, in the theme you mention is not given the same fault.
    I do not pretend to solve the problem in particular, understand that there are for that. But I think they are failures of conflicts with themes “normal” should not give. The theme of the thumbnails on the widget, I think it should be a default option and selectable, as is post widget with images.
    And if I may, though it has to do with the problem we are trying … I “come from” other CMS and also used another module of events, much more rudimentary. However I had a very interesting option, by posting a new event, I had the option of publishing at the same time as new news, just the fact activate the option was published in the home and events calendar. I think it is a very interesting and would complete this module that already is very very very good.
    The website where I have it running is http://www.somosmarbella.com
    I hope you can help me as I am fairly new to wordpress, I have very little time “fighting” with him. And again apologize for the English used.
    A greeting.

Hola Joyce, gracias por contestar.
    En respuesta a tus preguntas:
    1º – Si, estoy trabajando bajo la última versión de WordPress, exactamente la versión 3.4.1
    2º – Si, estoy trabajando con la versión Pro 2.0.8
    3º – Si, también he probado a desactivar el resto de plugins instalados y persiste el problema.
    4º – He probado con varios themes y los fallos se repiten. Sin embargo en el theme que mencionas no se da el mismo fallo.
    No pretendo que me resuelvan el problema de manera particular, entiendo que no están para eso. Pero creo que son fallos de conflictos con themes “normales” que no se deberían de dar. El tema de las miniaturas en el widget, creo que debería de ser una opción por defecto y seleccionable, al igual que está en widget de post con imágenes.
    Y si me permitís, aunque no tiene que ver con el problema que estamos tratando… yo “provengo” de otros CMS y utilizaba también otro modulo de Eventos, mucho más rudimentario. Sin embargo tenía una opción muy interesante, al publicar un evento nuevo, me daba la opción de publicarlo a la vez como nueva noticia, simplemente con el hecho de activar la opción se publicaba en el home y en calendario de Eventos. Creo que es una opción muy interesante y que completaría este modulo que ya de por sí es muy muy muy bueno.
    La web donde lo tengo funcionando es http://www.somosmarbella.com
    Espero que podáis ayudarme ya que soy bastante novato en wordpress, llevo muy poco tiempo “peleando” con él. Y de volver a pedir disculpas por el inglés utilizado.
    Un saludo.

Joyce Grace

Hello Chimo, for a lot of these issues you will need to know how to use CSS. These may actually be quite simple fixes. You may want to search W3 Schools for some advice on this. You’ll want to look up positioning, padding, margins and display properties.

Other than that, we can’t really support theme customization – we can only support our calendar as we promise it to work, at its latest version, running on the latest version of WordPress and the Twenty Eleven theme.

The features you suggested are good ones, and the next big release of the Events Calendar may have some of those. However, until then, we can only offer what we have 🙁 Sorry!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Next Events Widget again’ is closed to new replies.