Next Events Takes You to Bottom of Next Page Instead of Top

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Next Events Takes You to Bottom of Next Page Instead of Top

• This topic has 8 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Casper Blackwell.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Casper Blackwell
    Participant

Hello,

From the events listing page https://insightshopva.com/classes/ if I click “Next Events >>” on the bottom right of the page, I am taken to the bottom of the next page, not the top. Is there a way to make the following page load at the top instead of bottom?

Have tired with 2017 theme and disabling plugins.

Please advise.

Thanks in advance,
    Casper

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Casper!

Thanks for getting in touch!

By default, when you click the next events link, it should get you to the top of the page. Let me help you troubleshoot it.

I could not reproduce the issue you are having in my own installation and I don’t see any console errors in your site, so it is seems strange this is happening.

Did it start all of a sudden or after a certain change in your site like a plugin update?

I know you have tried the following:

• Deactivated all other plugins? Yes
    • Switched to a default theme? Yes

Did you happen to notice a difference when deactivating all other plugins or switching to a default WordPress theme, like Twenty Seventeen? What happens if you try deactivating all plugins and switching to the Twenty Seventeen theme together? Do you notice a difference then?

If you see no difference in those conditions, then we’ll need to do some deeper troubleshooting.

Thanks,
    Victor

Casper Blackwell
    Participant

Hi Victor,

I noticed no difference after deactivating the plugins and switching the theme.

When I hit the link for β€œnext events” sometime the page will go up slightly, like one event up from the bottom of the page, but never to the top of the page. I’m using a mac, but get the same results on my iPhone and iPad (with or without plugins active and with current theme or 2017 theme).

Please advise.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Casper!

Thanks for coming back and clearing that out.

I could reproduce the issue you are having. For the moment, this seems to only happen when using the ‘tribe_events’ shortcode, and not with the main events page.

I have logged a report about this issue so it can be addressed in a future maintenance release. I will change this thread status to “Pending fix” and link it to the report so we can let you know when a bugfix is released.

I apologise for the inconvenience and we’d appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Thanks,
    Victor

Casper Blackwell
    Participant

Thanks for the update Victor πŸ™‚

Cheers,
    Casper

Victor
    Keymaster

You’re welcome Casper! πŸ™‚ We’ll keep you posted.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Casper!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, including a fix for this issue πŸ™‚

Find out more about this release β†’ https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-6-may-2018/

We appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Casper Blackwell
    Participant

Looking good πŸ™‚

Victor
    Keymaster

Thanks for your confirming Casper πŸ™‚

Don’t hesitate to open a new topic if anything come up.

Cheers,
    Victor

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Next Events Takes You to Bottom of Next Page Instead of Top’ is closed to new replies.