Next and Previous buttons on Month calendar view not working properly

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Next and Previous buttons on Month calendar view not working properly

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    cesua
    Participant

I recently updated the plugin and noticed that on any of my venues in monthly view, if you click Next Month or Previous Month links at the bottom, that the month displayed displays ALL the events for ALL venues.
    It isn’t until I refresh that I see the calendar normal again.

Go here and use the next and previous links to see an example.

Please help.

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Cesua,

Thank you for taking the time to report a bug. We have received a couple reports of that problem, and want to release a fix for it soon. A fix for this is scheduled for our 3.12 release. 3.11 is going to be released tomorrow, and 3.12 a few weeks after.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. I’d be happy to help. Cheers!

– Brook

cesua
    Participant

We have a to wait “a few weeks” for this to be fixed..?
    An update shouldn’t have been released with this sort of bug.

There has to be a way to get this fixed right now, especially for the amount of money one is spending on this product.

I would like to have help on how to temporarily fix right now, rather than be told I need to wait “a few weeks”.

Brook
    Participant

Howdy again,

I can appreciate where you are coming from. I wish it were humanely possible. For a bug like this it can easily take a developer a couple hours to isolate the cause of it, restructure the code to fix it, and research any other areas of the code that might be impacted and adjust them as well. But, that’s just the beginning. Then our QA team will test that the specific issue is fixed, then they must go on to do a full pass of the plugins. Often times 2 or more plugins will be affected by a change. So the QA team must go though, click on every page, try out every setting, and often revisit every page (which number in the hundreds) with every variation of our settings (we have close to a hundred). This process often takes 20-30 hours per plugin. So we like to run through that process after doing multiple bug fixes and features additions, that way we do not have to spend 20-30 hours on each and every bug fix and can just do it once at the end for a collection of them. Once we go through that, we release it as a new version of our plugin.

While we have a large team of developers and quality assurance folks to help speed this up, this process still takes a few weeks. Please let me know if you have any questions. I hope you can understand. I really wish I could give you a fix today, but this is not something that is possible. We do however offer full refunds within 30 days of purchase. Even if you are outside of that window, I would gladly go to the bat for you and try and get you one if you are unsatisfied with our service. We definitely don’t want you to pay for something you’re not happy with.

Cheers!

– Brook

Brook
    Participant

I did some more research on this Cesua and found that this bug is new to 3.10.1. If you are interested in downgrading to 3.10 for now, you should not experience this problem. I am not when I testing on 3.10. If you did not have any issues running 3.10, then you should be good. 3.10.1 did include a few bug fixes, but those did not impact many people.

Would that work for now?

– Brook

cesua
    Participant

Hi Brook,

I don’t think I had an issue prior to the update, so yeah, I would be open to doing that then waiting for the next update that will address this later.

BUT, will reverting delete any events I have created since the update?

And, how would I go about safely reverting?

Thanks for the follow up!

Brook
    Participant

You’re very welcome Cesua. I am really happy that might work for you. That link about downgrading to 3.10 contains a great guide (click here).

Downgrading from 3.10.1 to 3.10 should be very safe. I have done it a few times this past week and have not noticed any issues like deleted events or otherwise. Even still as outlined in the guide, it does not hurt to err on the side of safety. If you make a backup first you are guaranteed there will be no loss of anything if for some reason there is a problem.

If you have questions about any of the steps please let me know.

– Brook

Geoff

Hey @cesua! Just wanted to deliver the good news that The Events Calendar and The Events Calendar PRO 3.11.1 shipped today and a fix for this issue was included in the release. Please feel free to update and thanks so much for your patience here while we figured this one out. We really appreciate you bringing this to our attention so we could fix it. 🙂

Cheers,
    Geoff

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Next and Previous buttons on Month calendar view not working properly’ is closed to new replies.