Newly Created Organizers No Longer Being Added

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Newly Created Organizers No Longer Being Added

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Steven Frasier
    Participant

Hello,

I’m not sure when exactly this ceased to function the way it always had been, but in the past, when I would create a new organizer on the backend of a single event page, the new Organizer would be added to the event as well.

Now, after the post is saved/published and a new organizer is created, I have to add him/her to the meta section a second time for it to stick.

Did anything change? Is there some way I can customize the settings array to have created organizers added to the post they were created on?

Steven Frasier
    Participant

Following up to add a detail I am just now discovering, suggesting it is likely a bug —

If there are no other organizers linked/added to the page, the newly created organizer is automatically added.

However, if other organizers have previously been added to the page, creating a new organizer creates a new organizer post, but does not automatically add that organizer to the event page that which they were “created” on.

Let me know if this requires any further clarification; you guys are the best!

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Steven!

Thanks for taking your time to report this and for your kind message 🙂

Unfortunately, I could replicate this on my end as well so I can confirm it’s a bug.

I have logged a bug report for this so it can be addressed in one of our next maintenance releases of our plugins.

I will set this thread’s status as pending fix and link it to the report. This way, we will notify you once a fix is released.

We apologize for the inconvenience and we appreciate your patience while we work on this.

Best,
    Victor

Steven Frasier
    Participant

Awesome. Very much appreciated, Victor.

Victor
    Keymaster

Sure thing Steven. We’ll keep you posted.

Steven Frasier
    Participant

Hi Guys,

Thanks again for continuing to work on this. I’m not sure if this was already the case and I’ve missed it until now, or if this is something that came to be following a recent TEC update:

On the single organizer pages, upcoming events are no longer showing up despite an organizer being linked to an event, UNLESS that organizer is created from the event page itself and added (still same process as required and touched on in previous thread responses: Create New Organizer > Update Event Post > Add Just-Created Organizer Again > Update Event Post Again)

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Steven!

Thanks for reporting this problem.

I have indeed been able to reproduce it on my end. The issue seems to be that linking an additional organizer to an already created event will not show the event as upcoming in that organizer’s page.

I have created another report for this issue and we’ll let you know when fixed. I have also linked it to the previous report as they are related, so they can hopefully be addressed in the same release.

Many thanks again for your help on these issues.

Best,
    Victor

Steven Frasier
    Participant

Sure thing, Victor.

It continues to be a pleasure to work with you guys — I sincerely appreciate it.

Victor
    Keymaster

Thanks for the kind message Steven 🙂 The pleasure is ours.

Cheers,
    Victor

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Steven!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, in which we are no longer able to reproduce the issues described here. This means that they may have been fixed before while working on other fixes/improvements.

You can find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-29-july-2018/

Please update the plugins and let us know if it works for you.

Thanks,
    Victor

Steven Frasier
    Participant

Everything seems to be functioning beautifully, Victor. Thank you very much for the update—I’ve marked the issue as resolved.

Victor
    Keymaster

Great to hear that Steven! Thanks for your confirmation 🙂

I’ll close this now, but as always, feel free to open a new topic if anything comes up.

Have a good weekend!

Cheers,
    Victor

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Newly Created Organizers No Longer Being Added’ is closed to new replies.