Newer recurring urls are breaking with last update

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Newer recurring urls are breaking with last update

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Erick Arguello
    Participant

In the latest version of the update, it looks like some of my recurring views are breaking on the url and on search. Here is one example, that I clicked to from the calendar:
    http://www.calle24sf.org/en/event/the-classic-mission-mural-walk-3/2016-11-27/

This is different than the issue that I had reported earlier with polylang not writing the language prefix.
    These urls were fine very recently, this has been a recurring event for quite some time!

Thanks,
    Wendy

Erick Arguello
    Participant

One thing I notice is that the start and end dates in my events list view in the admin now say 2018, but if I click through to the individual event admin, it says 2016. Have flushed permalinks multiple times. You can see that the “gears turning” event, in list view it is showing 10/21/2018, but if I click on “edit all” it shows a start and end date of 3/13/16.

Geoff B.

Good evening Wendy and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about recurring URLs breaking since the last update.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

As we have already discussed previously, we unfortunately do not support Polylang at the moment.

Furthermore, as of 4.3 we are officially supporting recurring events with WPML. I believe that this recent addition to our plugin support is closely tied to the recurring events no longer working properly on your website.

We are planning on looking at Polylang in 2017, but there is no plan for that short term.

This unfortunately leaves you with just a handful of options:

1. Downgrade your plugins to the version just before 4.3 (for all of the plugins so that they have matching versions) https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/downgrading-plugin-past-version/
    2. Convert to WPML with the understanding that Community Events has not yet been tested with it.

I wish I had a better answer for you, but for now it’s the best one I have.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Erick Arguello
    Participant

Thanks, Geoff,
    I wish I had caught it on the dev site. I have a follow-up question.
    Do the versions need to match the last decimal to be compatible?

So I’ve got:
    4.2.7 for events calendar
    but then community events only has 4.2.5
    and events calendar pro 4.2.6
    downloadable from my account

I know from experience how bad it can be if they’re not compatible, so would like to confirm before I downgrade.

Thanks,
    Wendy

Erick Arguello
    Participant

It seems like it’ll work with any 4.2 version. Have it working on the dev site, fyi, it did fix the 404 issue. Closing out.

Geoff B.

Good evening Wendy,

I am super stoked that this was helpful to you and more importantly that you managed to get things working again. Kudos!

You are welcome back on our support forums any time 🙂

For now, I am going to close this thread.

Have a great week!

Geoff B.a

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Newer recurring urls are breaking with last update’ is closed to new replies.