New venues getting created even though code has been commented out

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events New venues getting created even though code has been commented out

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    cruzio
    Participant

I have anonymous submissions turned on and would like to prevent users from creating new venues. So, the way I did that was to comment out lines 57 to 179 in mytheme/tribe-events/community/modules/venue.php.

So, on my add event form: http://cruzio.com/events/community/add, users can now only select from a preaproved list of venues.

But, over the past two weeks, 2 additional venues have been created, seemingly from Russia? The location points to Moscow. I’m wondering if it’s some script kiddie or something and they’re able to force the creation of a new venue somehow?

I did some searching in the forums here and it looks like there’s not a built in way to disable to creation of new venues. Just wanted to make sure I’m not missing something or if there’s some other way to disable to creation of new venues.

Here’s a screenshot of the latest venue: http://note.io/1vsxVlW

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

I took a look at that screenshot of the venue.

Are you getting any SPAM events through the form? It looks like that is what that venue is. I looked and see the fields commented out in the source code, but you can still read field names so maybe a SPAM script is reading it and sending content that way in a GET request.

You can delete the fields if you like instead of commenting out, but please test after you have done that.

And you are correct there is no feature to disable the creation of venues.

Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Thanks

Brian
    Keymaster

Since there is has not been any activity on this thread for over 2 weeks so I am now closing it. Feel free to start a new thread if you have further issues. Thanks! 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘New venues getting created even though code has been commented out’ is closed to new replies.