New Venue Details Not Saved to DB When Saving as Draft

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO New Venue Details Not Saved to DB When Saving as Draft

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Matt Ricketts
    Participant

Hello,

When we create an event that has new venue details and save the event as a draft, our new venue details remain intact. However the moment we hit the publish button our new venue details disappear and is not even present in our Venues dropdown. This only seems to happen when you Save as Draft first, and then Publish.

If we enter our event details and new venue details and then hit Publish first and then change the status back to a Draft, it seems to work fine and save the venue details into the system. So that’s what we’re doing as a temporary workaround.

But I believe we found a bug in your software. Try adding a new event with a brand new venue with the google map checked, and then save the event as a draft, view as draft and it looks fine, then hit Publish, view as a published page and the venue stuff is gone.

Are you able to reproduce this issue?

Thank you,
    Matt Ricketts

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Matt!

Thanks for taking your time to report this.

I have been able to reproduce this issue on my end. Though I first thought it seemed like a glitch, I could realise this only happens if after saving the draft, you preview the event and then publish.

I have created a bug report for this issue so it will be addressed in one of our future maintenance releases of our plugins.

I will set this thread as Pending fix and link it to the report so we’ll notify you once a bugfix is released.

I apologise for the inconvenience and we’d appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Best,
    Victor

Nico

Hey,

Happy to share with you that a new maintenance release (for the Week of 22th January 2018) is out, including a fix for this issue.

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-22-january-2018/

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site,
    Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘New Venue Details Not Saved to DB When Saving as Draft’ is closed to new replies.