new user email link

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events new user email link

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    designagency
    Participant

im testing out community events as if i was a new user. when i receive the email confirmation, there is a link that takes me to the wp-login.php page. once i log in, i am in the admin section of the site (as a subscriber).

i tested this on the “http://wpshindig.com/events/” site, and the behavior was different. once i logged in from the wp-login.php page, i was directed to the “http://wpshindig.com/events/community/add” page, *not* the admin of the site.

i would like to have that happen on my site as well, keeping new users out of the admin section and directing them straight to the “…/community/add” page. how can i do that?

Barry

Hi – great question!

If you visit the Community Events settings page (Events → Settings → Community) you should see an option allowing you to block users from the admin environment. You should also see an optional redirect URL.

So, one thing you could try, is blocking subscribers and setting the redirect URL to the community submission page.

Would that work here?

designagency
    Participant

hi barry, not sure what i’m missing here. i have that checkbox ticked and i also have a url redirect to the .”../community/add” page yet no dice! i logged in as a test user and i’m still being sent to the “…/wp-admin/profile.php” page.

Barry

OK – and what was the user role (of the user account you tested this with … and had you additionally checked that role in the list of user roles to block)?

designagency
    Participant

ah ha! bingo. i had been messing around with different combos, i didnt have the right one until now. thanks!

Barry

Happy to help 🙂

I’ll go ahead and close out this thread but of course if we can assist with anything else please don’t hesitate to create new threads as needed and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Last but not least, we’d love to hear your thoughts on The Events Calendar in general over on our plugin review page if you have a moment to spare.

Thanks again!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘new user email link’ is closed to new replies.