New Events not showing on the map view

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO New Events not showing on the map view

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Daniel
    Participant

Dear Help Desk.

Whenever I post a new event through the community events form, and make it public on the admin side, it doesn’t show that event on the Map view, and I can’t search for it by location. I can only find it through the list view, grid view, etc.
    I thought there was a problem on the geocode from the venue, but the address is correct and the correct location is coming up to the google maps link of the event.
    Example: Receitas alemãs event: http://semanadalinguaalema.com.br/event/receitas-alemas/
    List view (still in development): http://semanadalinguaalema.com.br/events/categoria/evento-aberto/lista/
    Map view: http://semanadalinguaalema.com.br/events/categoria/evento-aberto/mapa/

The events will only appear on the map view, if I add the coordinates manually for each one on the admin side. But unfortunately that won’t be a solution for me, because I will receive 500+ events on the site, submitted by users.

I already activated the Google API Key.

Please assist. Thank you.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Daniel!

Thanks for reaching out to us and for taking your time to report this.

Unfortunately, we are already aware of this issue with the Map view.

I will set this thread’s status as “Pending fix” and link it to our internal bug report. This way we will let you know once a fix is shipped in one of our next maintenance releases.

Like you say, the only workaround so far is manually editing the venues and adding the missing latitude and longitude coordinates as there seems to be a problem that resides with the Google Maps API. Of course, this is not ideal when dealing with so many venues.

We apologise for the inconvenience and we appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Best,
    Victor

Nico

Hey,

Happy to share with you that a new maintenance release (for the Week of 22th January 2018) is out, including a fix for this issue.

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-22-january-2018/

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site,
    Best,
    Nico

Daniel
    Participant

Hi, thanks for the update.

Unfortunately it still only works if I insert the Latitude and Longitude manually on each event.

I have updated both the Events Calendar and the Events Calendar Pro plug-in.

Please assist.

Thank you.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Daniel,

First, let me apologise for the delay in getting back to you. We’ve been out on our annual team trip and we are slowly getting back to normal response times.

When editing a venue and then saving, it should now correctly fetch the Lat and Long coordinates from the Google Maps API, so that you don’t have to manually add them.

Could you please try re-saving your venues and see if it works? Remember to enter a valid Google Maps API key by going to Events > Settings > APIs.

Please let me know how that goes.

Thanks,
    Victor

Daniel
    Participant

Hi Victor,

thanks for the reply. Looks like it was unable to fetch addresses that contained a hyphen “-” on the map view. Once I remove all the hyphens from the addresses it works. Not ideal for many events, though.
    And it was already working before on the little map that you see on the single event view.

So maybe you guys can check to see if there is a general issue with addresses that have some kind of special characters like hyphens or so. Looks like there are no problems with comas.

Thank you for the assistance.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Daniel!

Thanks for following up with this and for letting us know about those findings.

I could not reproduce the issue you are having with the hyphen. Could you please share with me one example of a venue that has this problem? You can send a screenshot of the edit venue screen as reference.

Thanks,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘New Events not showing on the map view’ is closed to new replies.