New Event Dates wont save for restricted admin

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO New Event Dates wont save for restricted admin

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Peter
    Participant

Hi there,

I am hoping you can help! I have a conflict with the new Membership Pro 2 from WPMU and the Events Calendar PRO version 3.10.1? This was not an issue with the previous Membership Pro but can’t be sure if this only occurred with the update to the latest calendar Pro. I have also submitted this for WPMU support.

I have 2 issues with setting the dates for events.

1. The event picker for all users is overlapping but can be edited manually. see this screen shot: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/268903/File%20Sharing/Date-picker-overlap-and-saving-issues.pdf

2. I have set user protection and roles for this organisations admins. Before these updates, they were easily able to set new event dates and save them. Currently, they cannot set a new event and new date as it won’t save. As a master admin I can set events and dates.

The same combination of plugins listed is being used although all have had updates. I have tested by deactivating other role-based plugins with the same issue still occurring with these turned off so it’s between Membership Pro 2 and The Events Calendar.

Regards
    Peter

Barry

Hi Peter,

Though I appreciate both issues relate to a conflict with the same plugin, they do seem to be different in nature (one sounding like it relates to a script or styling conflict, the other potentially being a permissions-based issue).

Let’s deal with the first issue in this topic: if it so happens that resolves the second item that’s an added bonus – but it’s probably best to deal with that in a separate topic 🙂

1. The event picker for all users is overlapping but can be edited manually

That’s really strange – my guess is they are enqueuing scripts or stylesheets on all admin pages rather than just their own.

I have also submitted this for WPMU support.

Can you confirm with them if the above theory is valid and, if it is, ask if they can furnish you with a snippet to restrict the cases where this happens?

Peter
    Participant

Hi Barry,

I have a test sub domain site and I have gone through and updated and tested all the plugins except for The Events Calendar Pro set (Calendar, Calendar Pro, Filter Bar and Category Colours) and the WPMU Membership Premium (the new one is Membership 2 Pro, which is all new).

There was also a theme update which I can confirm is causing the conflict with point 1 the date picker. The developers have customised to work with all these Calendar plugins. I will also send them a ticket.

I can confirm that with the old plugins of Membership and Calendar that all users who are granted Calendar access can create and edit events even with the date picker problem?

I have also updated the ticket at WPMU and granted them access to the sub-domain site.

Let me know if you need anything more.

Regards
    Peter

Barry

Hi Peter:

Great: so let’s leave this topic open for any further work that might be needed re the datepicker – in case the theme vendor can only supply a partial fix that needs more input from us, for instance – and we can address the probably conflict with the membership plugin in a fresh topic (unless you get resolution through WPMU’s own support channels) 🙂

Thanks!

Peter
    Participant

Hi Barry,

In regards to the date picker this is what the theme developers came back with. Their temporary fix also works:

… this issue is due to the conflict with Option Tree plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/option-tree/)

In order to fix this problem temporarily, please download and activate the following plugin

Add Admin CSS

After activated, please go to this plugin’s and this Custom CSS segment below

.post-type-tribe_events .ui-datepicker td a {
      display: block;
      font-size: 11px;
      text-align: center;
      width: 23px;
      height: 20px;
      padding: 2px;
    }

Regards
    Peter

• This reply was modified 8 years, 10 months ago by Peter.
    Barry

Excellent – glad you’ve got a workaround.

It does still sound like this other plugin if not your theme could be solved by having them limit the places where they add their CSS (in other words, unless they have a reason to add additional CSS to event admin pages they probably shouldn’t be doing it).

So it could be worth posting on the plugin author’s page on that count, but I see no particular reason why you couldn’t keep using the same solution you already have, either.

Peter
    Participant

Hi Barry,

A bit confused! The theme developers are looking at The Events Calendar and then back again. I was under the impression that Option Tree is part of The Calendar Pro Setup? In the original setup of the theme with Events Calendar, Option Tree was also there as part of the setup. Is this correct?

Either way it looks like this should be handled by the Option Tree developers.

Regards
    Peter

Barry

Hi Peter,

Option Tree isn’t something we package with any of our plugins – on looking at it’s description, it seems to describe itself as a “Theme Options UI Builder” – so my assumption was that it was bundled with your theme (or was something the theme recommended you install and activate).

Beyond that I’m not too sure what else I can say except confirm that it (Option Tree) is not something our own plugins depend on or come bundled with and, based on the description of the problem and the nature of the proposed workaround, it certainly feels like the problem here is that their CSS is interfering in our own (since as I understand it there is no particular reason for them to add CSS to our own admin screens, I really see the problem as being on their end).

Does that help/clarify things?

Peter
    Participant

Hi Barry,

Thank you, this makes it all clear. Ill see what they come up with and post back with any updates.

Regards
    Peter

Barry

Thanks Peter 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘New Event Dates wont save for restricted admin’ is closed to new replies.