Network wordpress

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Network wordpress

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Claudio Fichera

Hi, I’d like to buy your events plugin but I have to know if it handles a wordpress network. In details: I have a wordpress which is composed by a main site and 3 micro sites. Each micro site will publish its events but every event from every single micro site, must be viewed in the main site. Does your plugin can do it?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for the interest in our plugin.

For WordPress Multisite the plugin works on each site individually, but there is no global calendar on the main site.

So it will not work as you would like it to.

Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Thanks

Claudio Fichera

Hi Brian and thanks for your kind reply. Ok but what about if we can set different ids (don’t know how to say better) for each different calendars and then let the main calendar pick all ids? Can it be done through a bit of coding?

Brian
    Keymaster

I do not think it is that simple, I think it be a fairly large project to get working reliably. It is something that we could maybe answer a question or two, but would be beyond the support we can provide to do much else.

I have not tried it before, but this plugin’s commercial version:

Broadcast

Has a feature where you can broadcast events between sites in multisite. You might be able to use that to have the events on the micro site and then also broadcast them to the main site to have them there as well. That might get you close to what you are trying to do without creating a huge new project.

Thanks

Claudio Fichera

First of all, thanks for the hint of ThreeWP plugin.

As far as I’ve read, that plugin works from Parent to Childs (am I wrong?). My goal is exactly the opposite: all micro sites are independently managed by different users. So the Parent calendar will only be a calendar containing all micro sites’ events. So the flow would be Micro Sites -> Parent and not Parent -> Micro Sites.

If The Event Calendar would handle this I’d pay 150$ or more for it 😀

Brian
    Keymaster

From what I remember you can make any post a parent post it is not the site that is the parent. So it should work with events that you can make the microsite the parent and publish to the main site. However, that is a question that the ThreeWP plugin developer can answer better then us.

If you would like to request your feature please head to our UserVoice Page and add your own or upvote that feature as they will increase the chances of it being added to a future version.

http://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas

Thanks

Brian
    Keymaster

Since this is marked resolved I am going to close this ticket, but if you need anything else related to this topic or another please post a new topic on the forum and we can help you out.

Thanks

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Network wordpress’ is closed to new replies.