Need venue name in event titles in month view and pop up box

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Need venue name in event titles in month view and pop up box

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Alicia
    Participant

We need to included the venue name in event titles on the monthly grid view and the box that pops up when hovering over an event in the month grid view. I am familiar with how to make changes to php and have gone through the themer’s guide… I just need to know (a) which PAGE to edit and (b) the CODE to add the venue name to these two places and where to add the code in the php file… or elsewhere if needed. Thank you!

Barry

Hi, great question!

If you look at the month/single-event.php template you will see:

<h3><a href="<?php tribe_event_link( $post ); ?>"><?php the_title() ?></a></h3>

This displays the name of the event. You could modify this to:

<h3><a href="<?php tribe_event_link( $post ); ?>"><?php the_title() ?></a> <?php tribe_get_venue_link() ?></h3>

Similarly within the .tribe-events-tooltip div starting a little below that line of code you could add:

<?php tribe_get_venue_link() ?>

In the appropriate place. Does that help?

Alicia
    Participant

I added the code <?php tribe_get_venue_link() ?> as you stated but did not get a result. I uploaded the single-event.php file to: mysite.com/wp-content/themes/news-pro/tribe-events. Am I not uploading the file to the correct location?
    For css changes (which are showing up fine) I uploaded the ‘override’ file to: mysite.com/wp-content/themes/news-pro/tribe-events/pro/tribe-events-pro.css and that worked wonderfully. It seems like I am not understanding where exactly to upload the edited month/single-event.php file.

Barry

Hi!

So, the path for the single event template in this instance ought to be:

wp-content/themes/news-pro/tribe-events/month/single-event.php

Can you confirm that is what you are using?

Alicia
    Participant

That is it! I was not adding “month” to upload path. I added the venue to the titles, which is great, is there a way to remove the link in the venue name though and just make the link run across the entire title. For example, I would like the entire title such as “Shrek the Musical AT Alliance Theatre” to link to the event. Now, the text “Alliance Theatre” links to the Alliance Theatre venue page which is kind of neat but might be confusing to readers if they click on that part of the link and don’t see the actual event.

Barry

Sounds like you’re making progress 🙂

You could use the tribe_get_venue() function to just retrieve the venue name (rather than a fully formed link) and/or wrap that within the same link as the event title.

Hope that helps – and I’ll go ahead and close this thread (feel free to open new ones as required for assistance with other issues).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Need venue name in event titles in month view and pop up box’ is closed to new replies.