Need to remove social sharing buttons from Submit Event page

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Need to remove social sharing buttons from Submit Event page

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    hometownchatter
    Participant

Hopefully, someone can help me with this. I found another thread discussing this, but apparently the person decided not to enlighten the rest of us on how they eventually solved it! :/

Barry

I’d need a little more information – do you mean the social share buttons generated by your theme/another plugin? If so, how are they embedded?

If they happen to be included from within the template code then you could potentially do something like this (this is purely an example, not something that will work as-is):

if (!tribe_is_community_my_events_page()) embed_social_btns();

hometownchatter
    Participant

I’m using the AddThis plugin and it adds the social icons to only post pages. Right now the calendar plugin is working backwards from what I want. The Submit Events page has social icons, but the actual single event page, which I would love for users to be able to share their events, doesn’t. Is there an easy way I can change that? I say easy because I don’t really understand all of this so you need to explain it like I’m 5 years old…LOL

Barry

I’m afraid I’ve got no knowledge of the AddThis plugin.

However, what I can say is the ordinarily the add events page uses a theme’s default page template. So, armed with the template tag provided in my last post, it may be possible to stop those icons from being added – the exact approach depends on how the icons/buttons are being inserted in the first place, so it may be worth reaching out to the plugin author for help on this one.

Similarly it’s possible to detect single event pages with tribe_is_event() – so there could be scope to do the same thing – in reverse – with single event pages.

Barry

Hi hometownchatter – I don’t know that there is too much more we can offer up on this one, but just in case do you have any further questions before I close the thread?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Need to remove social sharing buttons from Submit Event page’ is closed to new replies.