Need to remove Categories or show parent/sub on the Submit an Event page

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Need to remove Categories or show parent/sub on the Submit an Event page

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Chris
    Participant

Hello. I need to either remove the categories on the “Submit an Event” or ideally I would like to have it where it shows them as Parent and sub-categories. The reason for this is I have 2 main categories Sports and Community then the subcategories are the names of local towns for each. So as it appears now no one knows which sub-category goes with which parent. If I have an end user who wants to add an event being held in a local town they don’t know which one to click. Thank you so much!

Casey
    Participant

Chris,
    Unfortunately we don’t have support for displaying the parent/child relationship in the Categories block. You can definitely hide that block by putting the following code into your theme’s functions.php file: https://gist.github.com/ckpicker/6794890

Give that a try and let me know if it does the trick. Thanks!

Chris
    Participant

Perfect! Worked like a charm.

Casey
    Participant

Awesome! Glad to hear that did the trick. Since it seems like you have what you need, I’m going to mark this thread as answered and close it out. Feel free to start a new thread if you have other issues. Thanks!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Need to remove Categories or show parent/sub on the Submit an Event page’ is closed to new replies.