Need to move ticket prices above the event details.

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Need to move ticket prices above the event details.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Margaret Tehan
    Participant

Hello, I developed this site — https://www.cthomeshow.com — last January. The CT Home Show takes place only once a year — in February or early March. After the event, the site stays pretty much dormant until this time of year when my clients start selling booth space for the following year’s show. So… I’m making updates to the site now in preparation for the 2016 CT Home Show and I updated the plugins — WooCommerce, The Events Calendar Pro, WooCommerce Tickets, etc. So… last year, I made some customizations to the ticket sales — with lots of fabulous assistance from your support team. I use the Headway Theme and I needed to use a child theme in order to make customizations to WooCommerce and to WooCommerce Tickets. One of the changes that your support team told to me to add was the following snippet of code. I added it to Line 6 of my child theme’s functions.php file:

remove_action( 'tribe_events_single_event_after_the_meta', array( TribeWooTickets::get_instance(), 'front_end_tickets_form'), 5 );
    add_action( 'tribe_events_single_event_before_the_content', array( TribeWooTickets::get_instance(), 'front_end_tickets_form') );

At this point, I don’t even remember what that snippet of code did. But – with all the updates made to WooCommerce and to WooCommerce Tickets, etc. since late February of 2015, that snippet of code was causing problems… the white screen of death. When visiting https://www.cthomeshow.com, the visitor would see nothing but a blank white page. And no one could log into the backend of the site because the login page was also just a blank white screen. So I had to deactivate the plugins and the child theme via FTP and – once I removed the snippet of code above, the white screen of death went away. But now I’m left wondering… QUESTION #1… what did that snippet of code do?… and QUESTION #2… is there a new snippet of code that I need to add in its place?

But also, the ticket sale section of the event now falls *below* the event’s details. Please see https://www.cthomeshow.com/event/69th-connecticut-home-remodeling-show/ — I need the “Tickets” section with the pricing and “add to cart” to fall directly under the line that says “February 26, 2016 @ 3:00 pm – February 28, 2016 @ 5:00 pm | Free – $12.00” — not underneath the Details, Venue and Organizer info. So… QUESTION #3… Is there a snippet of code that I can add to my child theme to make that happen? Or is there some other way to make the Tickets and add to cart section fall directly underneath the line that says “February 26, 2016 @ 3:00 pm – February 28, 2016 @ 5:00 pm | Free – $12.00” — and above the Details, Venue and Organizer info?

George
    Participant

Hey Margaret,

Sorry you ran into some problems here. I think, however, that your issues may be fixed by simply updating the Class name of the code you posted here. Specifically, you’d take this original code:

remove_action( 'tribe_events_single_event_after_the_meta', array( TribeWooTickets::get_instance(), 'front_end_tickets_form'), 5 );
    add_action( 'tribe_events_single_event_before_the_content', array( TribeWooTickets::get_instance(), 'front_end_tickets_form') );

And change it to this:

remove_action( 'tribe_events_single_event_after_the_meta', array( Tribe__Events__Tickets__Woo__Main::get_instance(), 'front_end_tickets_form'), 5 );
    add_action( 'tribe_events_single_event_before_the_content', array( Tribe__Events__Tickets__Woo__Main::get_instance(), 'front_end_tickets_form') );

That might help – let us know if it does! πŸ™‚

β€” George

Margaret Tehan
    Participant

Hi George, wow… I got busy right after I wrote to support. So I haven’t tried this yet. Will try it soon. Can you please keep this thread open for me?

George
    Participant

No worries @pagan11460!

I’ll leave this thread open for sure – if our support-droid bot auto-closes it after 15 days of inactivity, then I’m really sorry about that. He means well but sometimes closes threads a little too aggressively πŸ™‚

In the event that that happens, just open a new thread and link back to this one for reference – we can pick up right where we left off.

No worries about timeframes at all here, @pagan11460! Just keeps up in the loop and we’ll resume the thread whenever you’re ready.

Cheers, and good luck with all that you’re busy with.

β€” George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Need to move ticket prices above the event details.’ is closed to new replies.