Need to move the calendar, pro and community events to a new wordpress instance.

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Need to move the calendar, pro and community events to a new wordpress instance.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    dutchess
    Participant

Need to move the calendar, pro and community events to a new wordpress instance. We don’t want to have to re-input loads of events. How is this done?

Caroline

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for taking the time to reach out–happy to assist here! 🙂

If you’re just looking for a straightforward way to export your events and reimport them to another WordPress site, WordPress’s built-in import and export tools should work just fine. You can export your existing events following the instructions in this guide. Just select “Events” from the list of post types to export and click the button to download an export file to your computer! From there, you can import this file with your events to your new site using these instructions. Please ensure that you’ve already installed all of your plugins on the new site before attempting to import your events! It’s also worth noting that this method does not import your plugin settings, so you’ll need to reconfigure any settings that were changed from their defaults once you’ve finished installing everything.

I hope that helps to get you started here! Thanks again, and let me know if you should have any other questions as you’re working through the process!

dutchess
    Participant

Hi Caroline,
    Thanks for your response. If I am reading your text correctly, exporting and importing would move everything contained in the current wordpress site…I just need to move the calendar as we have a totally new site with new template, images, code etc. Am I correct?
    Thanks again,
    Lisa.

dutchess
    Participant

Hi Caroline,
    Thanks for your response. If I am reading your text correctly, exporting and importing would move everything contained in the current wordpress site…I just need to move the calendar as we have a totally new site with new template, images, code etc. Am I correct?
    Thanks again,
    Lisa.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Lisa!

I’m sorry for the delay here. Let me help you with that as Caroline is out this week.

If you want to export only your calendar events, you can do so by selecting “Events” in the Export Tool options, like this > https://cloudup.com/cW59FOQwK5E

Then you’ll be able to import only those events with the import tool and checking the option to download and import the images too. Does it help?

Let us know if other questions.

Best!
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Need to move the calendar, pro and community events to a new wordpress instance.’ is closed to new replies.