Need to know action to change display position for sections in template

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Need to know action to change display position for sections in template

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    sechive
    Participant

In the following event detail example link, I would like to move the related content section (under the “Also on securityhive”) to bottom of the page below the Related Events. It is somewhat confusing to have this information inserted into the middle of the content detail. Please provide some guidance on moving to below the event content. The related content is being managed by Shareaholic plugin.

The problem seems to arise from how single-event.php is using get_the_content(). Essentially, the event details are inserted inline into the template after the call to get_the_content(). Therefore one can not control how this information gets inserted. While, Shareaholic plugin adds an action to append data as a post-call to the get_the_content() method.

What options are available to correct the above problem?

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for using our plugins. I can help point you in the right direction.

Not sure if you have seen it, but our themer’s guide is the go to resource for moving and editing templates so if you have not seen it please check it out here first:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide/

That could show you to edit the_content and change it to get_the_content if you would rather use that function.

Related Events
    This section uses the following hook:

tribe_events_single_event_after_the_meta

Found in this template:

the-events-calendar\views\single-event.php

You can use this snippet to remove and then place the related events below the content:

https://gist.github.com/jesseeproductions/3ece7ab52fd284ecab34

You may have to play around with all this to get it exactly how you would like.

Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Thanks

Brian
    Keymaster

Since I haven’t heard back from you here, I’m going to go ahead and close out this thread. Feel free to start a new thread if you have further issues. Thanks! 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Need to know action to change display position for sections in template’ is closed to new replies.