Need to Downgrade 3 Events Cal Plugins – Not Sure the Secret Sauce

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Need to Downgrade 3 Events Cal Plugins – Not Sure the Secret Sauce

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Heather
    Participant

Ok – here’s where you all chuckle softly because my site is hosted on Godaddy Managed WordPress.

*waits for chuckles to subside*

Ok, here’s the deal. Your 3.1.1 update fubared whatever I’ve got going on on my site. After an hour and a half with Godaddy support at 1:30AM (you know how people turn into proverbial pumpkins at midnight – I turn into the step mother) trying to get the site to actually load, I think we’ve come up with an answer – albeit, not one I’m too happy with. Basically, Godaddy won’t / can’t upgrade the site to PHP 5.6+ – they said it rolls out when it rolls out, but they did have to delete all Events Cal plugins from the site to allow me to regain access to the backend.

After deletion, I uploaded the retired versions of the plugins.

I have no problem with downgrading the plugins, but it doesn’t allow Facebook import with the setup I have currently – it typically times out with a 500 error. I was wondering if you could give me the correct plugin collection to be able to allow me to mass upload until Godaddy gets their shizz together and I can upgrade everything to the latest and greatest. I get the vibe that my random assortment of retired versions is the issue since before the large update to 4.3, I wasn’t having this issue.

Right now, I’m running:
    – Events Cal 4.2.7
    – Events Cal Pro 4.2.6
    – Facebook Events 4.2

Bless your souls for any help you can provide!

Geoff

Howdy Heather,

Ha! No chuckles at all. We know everyone uses a wide range of different hosting services, so nothing but mad respect from us over here at Modern Tribe. 🙂

But, ack! They had to delete all our plugins?! That’s no good and I’m sorry for the hot mess here.

It would be awesome if you could simply the run the latest and greatest versions, but I totally get that’s tough given the hosting situation. For example, The Events Calendar comes bundled with a new service called Event Aggregator that effectively takes the place of Facebook Events and allows you to import loads more events without taxing your host in the process — that means no more of those 500 error timeouts.

We actually gave you a complimentary license for Event Aggregator in your account, so that will be ready for you when the time comes to update back to 4.3+.

In the meantime, it does indeed look like you have the correct combination of plugins and versions that I would have recommended off the bat since those were the last stable releases for each one leading up to 4.3.

If the timeouts are still happening, then I’m afraid that it’s more a case of hosting power than the combination of plugins. Admittedly, Facebook Events was not the most scalable solution for importing a large number of events because it had the effect of putting a heavy burden on any given hosting server.

How many imports are you running with Facebook Events? Would it be possible (though I know not ideal) to cut the number of automatic imports?

Also, is there absolutely no possibility of updating to The Events Calendar 4.3? The reason I’m digging here is that I really do think using Event Aggregator in the place of Facebook Events will help substantially and wipe out those nasty 500 error timeouts.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Need to Downgrade 3 Events Cal Plugins – Not Sure the Secret Sauce’ is closed to new replies.