Need to correctly parse event addresses on recurring import

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Need to correctly parse event addresses on recurring import

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Joe4CD1
    Participant

Thanks for all of the responsive thoughtful responses I see in the support forum!

My issue: when I import from Google calendar, event addresses are imported into the event name field along with the event name. This requires some manual editing to get Events Calendar to show the event properly (and map it).

It seems to be a Google calendar problem: events are entered into one line, not in a discrete fashion by street, city, etc. I understand from another response that there is no way for EC to parse such addresses reliably.

An alternative could be using Eventbrite for the canonical calendaring and then importing back to EC, but imports (EB Tickets) is per-event.

I wonder if you can suggest an online cal alternative to Google’s calendar that requires the discrete entry of address components so that my recurring ics import is properly formatted?

Thanks!

Joe4CD1
    Participant

Just to clarify, it’s the venue name and address that runs together in the venue field on import.

Cliff

Hi Joe. Thanks for your detailed question. Unfortunately, I wasn’t 100% clear on what you’reĀ wanting vs what is actually happening. For example, in the screenshot you provided, please explain what you’d like or expect to see instead of what’s in the screenshot.

Thanks.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Need to correctly parse event addresses on recurring import’ is closed to new replies.