need to clear number of "Sales By Ticket"

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus need to clear number of "Sales By Ticket"

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    vlambert
    Participant

we have an event every year – I changed the date of event so I could use everything the same this year as last year. Problem is that it shows there are tickets sold, but those are tickets that were sold last year. I have deleted the orders, done everything I can think of to clear that so we can get an accurate number of tickets sold, to no avail. How do I clear that number so it will show an accurate count of tickets sold.

Geoff B.

Good evening Victoria and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about the struggles you are experiencing with the number of sales by tickets.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

we have an event every year – I changed the date of event so I could use everything the same this year as last year.

That must save you a lot of work. However, as you pointed out, reusing the same event, can have undesired results (such as the ever increasing ticket sales count).

Out of curiosity, have you considered using a third-party plugin such as the following one to achieve similar results without reusing the same event ? https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicate-tec-event/

I would definitely suggest at least doing some quick tests with it to see if you like it.

I have deleted the orders, done everything I can think of to clear that so we can get an accurate number of tickets sold, to no avail. How do I clear that number so it will show an accurate count of tickets sold.

That’s a good question. I will have to follow-up on this for you with Dev.

If all else fails and you are comfortable using phpMyAdmin, after a backup and the ability to revert back to it, I am pretty sure it is possible to manually reset that counter.

Let me get back to you on this one.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

vlambert
    Participant

I have no issues with using the phpMyAdmin as it is our own server and we are comfortable with working on the “back end” of the site – I just need to know where to look or what to do.

Geoff B.

Good evening Veronica,

Thank you for writing back.

Great!

As pointed out before, please make sure you do a backup before hand and that these manual changes are at your own risk (although if done properly, things should run smoothly).

So here’s the breakdown:

• You need to find and locate the post_id of your event (as defined in the wp_posts Database table).
    • With that in hand run a search by post_id in the wp_postmeta table
    • You should find a row that says _tribe_progressive_ticket_current_number (this is the one that you should edit to reset the count)

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

vlambert
    Participant

DID EVERYTHING YOU SAID ABOVE AND GET TO THIS STEP

You should find a row that says _tribe_progressive_ticket_current_number (this is the one that you should edit to reset the count)

So How do I edit it to reset it?

Geoff B.

Good evening Veronica.

Thank you for writing back and following the procedure.

I’m sorry I was not clear on that last step.

To reset it, you can simply delete the row attached to that post_id.

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘need to clear number of "Sales By Ticket"’ is closed to new replies.