Need to change verbiage of Find out more text and Event Category

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Need to change verbiage of Find out more text and Event Category

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    FreshySites
    Participant

I would like to change the text in the filter bar from ‘Event Category’ to ‘Topic Area’ & also change the ‘Find out more »’ to ‘Access Archived Materials »’

I’ve referred to this page but have had no success : https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/change-the-wording-of-any-bit-of-text-or-string/

Can you recommend how to change the text?

Thanks in advance

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Benjamin and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

There are 3 ways you can use to change the text in most of our plugins:

1. The snippet you pointed to
    2. Changing strings in the .po file of the required plugin
    3. Doing a template customization. You might want to read our Themer’s guide to get a sense of how that works.

But the good news is that there is a 4th way that is very specific to the Filter Bar (see attached screenshot). You will need to go to Events -> Settings -> Filters

topicarea

This should solve your first request (Event Category). For your second request, you will need to use one of the 3 other approaches.
    I can help you with these should you need to.

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

FreshySites
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks so much for solving one of my inquiries very easily 🙂

However for changing the ‘Find out more »’ to ‘Access Archived Materials »’ I tried the snippet (Option 1) with no success unfortunately. If I were to add the customized file to my theme (Option 3), wouldn’t a theme update erase the file?

Geoff B.

Good evening Benjamin,

Thank you for writing back.

To address the second request, could you please send me a copy of your WordPress theme & child theme in a .zip file link in a private reply (via Dropbox or Google Drive) so that I can run some tests on my end ?

Please ensure you are using the latest files as found on your actual website.
    This way I will get access to any updates you might have made.

If I were to add the customized file to my theme (Option 3), wouldn’t a theme update erase the file?

It looks like you are currently using a Child theme, so the answer is no. If you do your customization in your Child theme, it will not get overwritten by theme updates.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

FreshySites
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

Good evening Benjamin,

Simply drop the following unzipped folder in your Kleo Child theme folder on your server and you should have the desired result. tribe-events

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

FreshySites
    Participant

Brilliant! Thanks so much Geoff!

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Benjamin,

This is awesome. I’m super stoked this worked for you.

You are welcome back on our support forums any time 🙂

For now, I am going to close this thread.

Have a great week!

Geoff B.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Need to change verbiage of Find out more text and Event Category’ is closed to new replies.