Need to add verbiage to the top of the submit your event form

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Need to add verbiage to the top of the submit your event form

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Angela McFarland
    Participant

Hello,

We need to add to the top level of the submit your event form some new text, at present we have the form enabled as a custom URL as such in the menus: http://theballstonjournal.com/events/community/add
    I see documentation on how to make this on a page rather than this way if you aren’t using custom permalinks which we are. Question is is it ok to make it as a page in our configuration or… how can I access the form in our current configuration to add the verbiage?

Thanks a bunch,

Tony

Casey
    Participant

Thanks for reaching out! You can do this by performing a Template Override on event-form.php. This will allow you to customize the code of that page to display some text above the element.

Let me know if you need further help getting this done. Thanks!

Angela McFarland
    Participant

Hey Casey,

Ok so I can put the edited event-form.php file in a directory called Events in the theme folder? Is that right? Where dores the event-form.php reside currently, and do I have to move only that file? Thanks.

Casey
    Participant

If you look in ‘/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-community-events/views/’ you’ll find the original event-form.php file.

Make your necessary changes, and then just copy the modified event-form.php file to the following directory: ‘/wp-content/YOUR_THEME_DIR/events/community/’.

Hopefully that helps to answer your question. Just let me know if I can help further!

Angela McFarland
    Participant

Hey Casey,

That worked like a charm, thanks. The client has one more request I’m not sure how to handle. We are using the Events calendar in two different places on the website. To achieve this I have set it up so that the top level menu item pulls from a category, of which there are two. But here’s the complication, one of these is a category she doesn’t want people submitting events thru the community plug-in to have access to. So since I need both categories to create the two events pages on the website in the back-end I suppose I need to find a way to not have the categories show on the submit your event form. All the events are approved so we can easily enough select a category manually during the approval process to sort them. So how could I hide the categories on the submit form side? Sorry I’m not a programmer guy I imagine someone with that level of skill could just alter the form, maybe it’s any easy thing.

Thanks so much for your prompt attention and help,

Tony

Casey
    Participant

Tony,
    Look for this code on line 51 of event-form.php and replace it with this.

Let me know if that does the trick!

Angela McFarland
    Participant

Awesome! Far too easy. 🙂

Casey
    Participant

Tony,
    Thanks for confirming that this got you sorted. Unless you disagree, I’m going to mark this thread “Answered” and close it out.

We really appreciate your support and please let us know if you need anything else in the future. If you find yourself with a few minutes and would be so kind as to give us a “Works” rating or a positive star voting on the WordPress.org repo (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/the-events-calendar/), or even a shoutout to your followers on Facebook or Twitter, it would mean a lot to us. Thanks again for using the plugin.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Need to add verbiage to the top of the submit your event form’ is closed to new replies.