Need theme page template which calls/displays calendar

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Need theme page template which calls/displays calendar

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Susan
    Participant

How do I make a theme template page which displays the calendar? I want to do this for two reasons:
    1. I want to have an instance of the calendar which I can work on customizing in private, by editing the php and adding CSS directly on the page.
    2. MOST IMPORTANT: I want to be able to generate individual calendars on their own pages which are limited to specific categories, and customize the content and display differently from the basic List. For example (this is a university site), one calendar which displays only admissions-related events, one calendar which displays academic calendar events, one which displays student activities, each in the appropriate place.
    I tried (the obvious starting place) copying the code from “list.php” in the plugin folder, but it just returns:
    the title: “Upcoming Events”
    the components of the Tribe Bar, not functional
    “Events List Navigation
    Events List Navigation
    + iCal Import Listed Events”
    I’m thinking that the template code moved into another location is not finding the parts (modules, js, css). I’ve looked in the forums both here and on WordPress, but the only reference I’ve found is old and is based on the old template structure.

Barry

You’re right that various components are probably missing and you’d need to take care of setting them up manually.

A possible alternative would simply be to use the calendar widget – you can set this to show a specific category and so could have numerous different instances on different pages, each set to show different subsets of events and you could take things a step further and customize their output to perhaps add more detail per event / per day.

There are quite a few options out there – you’d really need to decide on what you’re most comfortable with and go from there – I’m afraid for customizations such as this we can’t offer too much help.

Good luck!

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, Logan. As it’s been a couple of weeks since your last post, I’m going to close this thread. Please feel free to open a new one if you choose to pursue this further.

Thanks! 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Need theme page template which calls/displays calendar’ is closed to new replies.