need simple search for events that exists in my template header

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO need simple search for events that exists in my template header

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    michaelbuddy
    Participant

I’ve got a wordpress design template I’ve built, a real simple one. I’d like to pull in a keyword search for events into it. The search box would just search events.
    The WordPress search form is pretty easy / basic to call from the codex.

<?php get_search_form(); ?>

That gives me a barebones search form for a site. I love it because it’s easy. Can I tweak this to keyword Search my Events Calendar Pro events?

I tried to make sense of the bar.php file but I couldn’t see if I could grab anything from it to use, so I decided to post this question to the forum.

I just want a keyword search in a single field with search button, simple is best so I can understand it. If possible could you post the workable code snippet? Responses like “oh just use “flibbityDoo()” won’t help me get the proper code syntax onto the page template.

Josh
    Participant

Hello michaelbuddy,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

When using get_search_form()' by default the search form will pull from the searchform.php file within your theme. If your current theme has this file, you can add the following snippet to the form before the submit (search) button. This will limit the search to just events.

<input type="hidden" value="tribe_events" name="post_type" id="post_type" />

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

calumjamesgreen
    Participant

Hi I’m trying to do something similar and just use the Tribe Events Bar in my home page.

Because of the way that it is built I have a plugin that allows PHP directly into a page. Do you know the script to get the just the filterbar so that I can use that as a search box?

Thanks

Josh
    Participant

Hello calumjamesgreen,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

It’s usually best to open a new support ticket. Since this issue is slightly different than the original ticket, starting a new ticket will help to keep the topics organized and ensure that your question gets answered as quickly as possible.

I’ll go ahead and close this ticket. When opening another ticket, it’ll be helpful to clarify exactly what you would like to display on your homepage. For example, are you wanting this entire bar to display on your homepage or was it something simpler you were looking for?

Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘need simple search for events that exists in my template header’ is closed to new replies.