Need help using a separate stylesheet

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Need help using a separate stylesheet

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    shreinmedia
    Participant

This discussion thread is actually right on with the issue that I’m having. I just can’t figure out what the issue is.

https://tri.be/support/forums/topic/custom-style-in-tribe-eventsprotribe-events-pro-css-has-no-effect/

http://www.artesiachurch.org/events/month/

I am using ECP and have placed the CSS file in mychildtheme/tribe-events/pro/tribe-events-pro.css

The styles that I have in that css file, I applied in my wordpress css editor section and it applied the styles correctly. When I move them to this stylesheet, nothing.

Please advise. Thanks.

Casey
    Participant

shreinmedia,
    Thanks for getting in touch! I’m seeing your styles getting included in the page source (screenshot), but it looks like your CSS selectors aren’t specific enough. Try something like this:

ul.tribe-events-sub-nav li a {
    text-decoration: none;
    list-style-image: none;
    color: #666666;
    font-size: 30px;
    }

Take a look at this article, which describes the ‘Cascading’ effect of CSS and which style rules are deemed most important by the browser. You can also use the ‘!important’ declaration to make sure that the browser always uses that style.

Hopefully that helps to point you in the right direction, but let me know if you have further questions. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

Casey
    Participant

I just wanted to follow up and see if you’re all set here or if you still have further questions. Just let me know if you have further questions or if I should go ahead and close out this thread. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

Casey
    Participant

Since I haven’t heard back from you here, I’m going to go ahead and close out this thread. Feel free to start a new thread if you have further issues. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Need help using a separate stylesheet’ is closed to new replies.