Need help styling a mini calendar (or pulling the main calendar)

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Need help styling a mini calendar (or pulling the main calendar)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Erika Hang
    Participant

Hi Modern Tribers!

Please take a look at the following URL
    http://staging.annenbergdl.org/staging/events/month/

Please click the calendar in the upper left corner. I would like that popup calendar to look like the main calendar on this page, but site wide. So no matter where you on the site, you can click that calendar and see what your would see a calendar that would look like on the …/events/month page. I What do I need to do to implement this?

Also the string next to the mini calendar in the upper left needs to display the next event. What’s the best way to implement that?

Currently the mini-calendar is using is just hiding / showing with some with a javascript toggle function. I know the events calendar pro has some AJAX built in- do you recommend use AJAX for this? If so, How would you recommend I implement it?

thanks,
    Martin Stack
    [email protected]

Geoff

Hey Martin, welcome back to the forums!

That’s a pretty cool feature–nice work. 🙂

Yeah, embedding the full Month View unfortunately is not something that’s offered right out of the box. There is, however, another plugin called Event Rocket that might help in this situation. It has it’s own collection of shortcodes that enhances The Event Calendar and I believe Month View is one of the options–that might be worth checking out.

Otherwise, I think you’d be getting into an area where there would be a fair amount of custom development involved.

I like that string in the header that displays the next event! I think the best way to pull it off would be to create a new query for events in that area using tribe_get_events() and calling for the the next one upcoming event. From there, you can loop through to show the time and title as you’ve mocked up there.

I think your JS function will be just fine for the toggle, especially for simply hiding and showing the calendar on click.

Very nice work! Let me know if you have any follow-up questions here and I’d be happy to help as best I can. 🙂

Cheers,
    Geoff

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Need help styling a mini calendar (or pulling the main calendar)’ is closed to new replies.