Need basic subscribers/users to add/edit/delete events without admin panel

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Need basic subscribers/users to add/edit/delete events without admin panel

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    ncharanv
    Participant

I am trying to create a link or button from the main calendar and events list view to allow my basic users to add/edit/delete events without having to access the admin panel. I have paid for the Community Add On.

From what I understand, I just have to add a link to this default page to add an event:
    http://community.capitalnow.org/events/community/add

However, when I access that link, it just shows the “Hello World!” post. The http://community.capitalnow.org/events/ link works fine and shows the calendar view.

Please advise.

ncharanv
    Participant

FYI I’m using the buddypress theme and plugin.

Barry

Hi!

I’m just going to move this across to community events.

Barry

OK, so in the first instance can you visit Settings > Permalinks (you don’t need to save anything though – this step just refreshes the list of rules used to route requests) … does that help?

ncharanv
    Participant

No, I tried this. I tried to switch the permalinks structure as well from Day and Name to Postname. Not working. The page is working, but like I said, its just showing that default WordPress post “Hello World!”

ncharanv
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

So once people log in – I see the username/password fields at {yoursite}/community/events/add/ as expected – they are taken to the basic Hello World post?

(The username and password you provided were rejected, so I couldn’t actually follow through and check it out for myself.)

If so can you try deactivating everything but your Modern Tribe plugins and also revert to a default, unmodified theme and see if that helps?

ncharanv
    Participant

Hi Barry,
    It seems that I cannot get the plugin to work with my current setup. Is it possible to receive a refund? I understand its not your fault, but that would be nice since I cannot use the plugin. I was really hoping for it to work.

Barry

You can certainly request a refund: can you email my colleague Leah ([email protected]) and she’ll take things from here?

Please include a link to this thread and a brief summary of the problem – and of course if you wish instead to continue troubleshooting simply come back and update this thread to that effect and we’ll continue 🙂

Thanks!

Barry

Since I haven’t heard back from you I’m guessing you got in touch with Leah and are now content – so I’ll close this thread – but if you need further help of course feel free to create a new thread.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Need basic subscribers/users to add/edit/delete events without admin panel’ is closed to new replies.