Near Location is not being translated

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Near Location is not being translated

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    marketfresh
    Participant

Hello,

The words “Near” and “Location” in the search bar are not being translated to Spanish, but everything else is.
    Is there any way to get those 2 words in Spanish?

Thanks,
    Jonathan

Josh
    Participant

Hey,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

You can find information for updating translation files here.

Also, all of our translations are community driven. If you like, after updating the translation file you could submit it to our team to get it updated for other users using the plugin in your language.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

marketfresh
    Participant

It looks like there is no way to translate it since the Location portion of the search bar isn’t defined in “the-events-calendar.class.php”, and so it can’t be referenced in the .pot file.

Any suggestions?

Josh
    Participant

Hey,

Thanks for following up.

It looks like those strings are actually defined within the PRO plugin within the “tribe-geoloc.class.php” file. It has the Text Domain for translation of “tribe-events-calendar-pro”. You should be able to modify this with the POT file for the PRO plugin.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

marketfresh
    Participant

Okay. I found the events calendar pro plugin folder. I missed it because the other one is named ‘the-events-calendar’ while the pro version is named ‘events-calendar-pro’. Might want to make that naming convention more consistent 🙂

I see that ‘near’ and ‘location’ are both already translated within the .po file, but it’s not reflecting on the website. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Jonathan

Josh
    Participant

Hey Jonathan,

I tested with the Spanish translations and I’m able to see the “Near” and “Location” strings translated on my site https://cloudup.com/cw-a6nSac15. A couple of things that may help:

• Does your theme have any customizations where template files have been recreated in your theme?
    • Does the “lang” folder within your PRO plugin files contain both the .po and .mo.
    • Does the issue persist if you switch to a default theme such as TwentyFourteen?

Let me know if any of this helps.

Thanks!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Near Location is not being translated’ is closed to new replies.