Navigation hightlight issue

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Navigation hightlight issue

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    bekkmill
    Participant

Hi
    We use headwaythemes and somehow it seeems there is an issue that the actual events page won’t get hightlighted but rather the blog page. We search for solution and found that many peoples are having the same issue. You addressed this on a post 3 month ago on the wp forum where you said it will be fixed soon. Doesn’t seem to be fixed yet. Please check following screenshot regarding the discussion on wp. https://www.dropbox.com/s/p1gnrj6qlp2kirh/Region%20capture%208.png

Thanks for your support.

Barry

Hi bekkmill,

Apologies for any confusion stemming from that earlier forum post you referenced. As things have turned out, after further investigation, this actually seems to be a feature of/bug within WordPress in relation to custom post types.

The bug report was if I recall correctly marked as wontfix (indicating the core team won’t be taking it any further) and so realistically that means it will have to be worked around on a site-by-site or theme-by-theme basis.

bekkmill
    Participant

Thanks for your feedback.

With headway the problem seems to be another one. Its not that we have the both highlighted but rather only blog. Its easy to remove the highlight on the blog, but i don’t seem to manage to get the actual events page highlighted. Below you see the classes for the headway menu in order to have the selected menu highlighted.

.block-type-navigation ul.menu li.current_page_item > a,.block-type-navigation ul.menu li.current_page_parent > a,.block-type-navigation ul.menu li.current_page_ancestor > a,.block-type-navigation ul.menu li.current_page_item > a:hover,.block-type-navigation ul.menu li.current_page_parent > a:hover,.block-type-navigation ul.menu li.current_page_ancestor > a:hover,.block-type-navigation ul.menu li.current-menu-item > a,.block-type-navigation ul.menu li.current-menu-parent > a,.block-type-navigation ul.menu li.current-menu-ancestor > a,.block-type-navigation ul.menu li.current-menu-item > a:hover,.block-type-navigation ul.menu li.current-menu-parent > a:hover,.block-type-navigation ul.menu li.current-menu-ancestor > a:hover

if i use he default way headway applies it then i get the blog highlighted and the evens page not. Now i can remove all the classes besides the following class “.main-menu ul.menu li.current-menu-item > a” in order to remove the highlight on the blog page. But the issue that the actual events page isn’t highlighted still remains.

I just don’t seem to be able to target the events menu item that it gets highlighted which never happened before with any other plugin. Would you mind look into this.

Your support on this issue is highly appreciated.
    Thanks

Barry

Sorry for the delay in responding, first of all.

Between slowing down for the festive period and migrating to some new support tools we unfortunately failed to notice a number of replies – please accept our apologies.

Do you still need help with this and can you link to a live example? I did visit the URL you provided but it doesn’t look like you have an entry for the events page in the menu (and it would be understandable if you had removed it). I do also have to tell you that, generally speaking, Headway is not a theme we can offer a huge amount of support for as it does deviate from the norm in a few ways.

bekkmill
    Participant

I understand that you took some time off…. Everyone needs a break. 🙂
    On the following test URL you can actually see the events calendar. http://aptn.beecoding.com/fit-tix/ We would appreciate if you can take a look at it.
    I used other plugins which also use the blog page in order to display but i never had an issue that i can’t target the menu like i have with the Events Calendar.

Thanks for you support.

Barry

If that’s a test site would you be able to reinstate the calendar entry on the menu?

Barry

It’s been a while without an update so I’ll go ahead and close this out. Thanks for contacting us – and if you do need further help please don’t hesitate to create a new thread.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Navigation hightlight issue’ is closed to new replies.