MySQL database query limit

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO MySQL database query limit

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Lynden Jones
    Participant

My client has been having trouble with his site. He has contacted his host and was advised below –
    “the MySQL user exceeds the database query limit, which is 75,000 per hour per user”

He has 3 or 4 users working on the site and their suggestion is that he could pay an extra $20 per month to increase the number of queries.

I did a check this morning by adding <?php echo get_num_queries();?> to the footer. The site has 267 queries. When I turn all plugins off and reload them one at a time it slowly increases to about 97. Then when I turn on events calendar it amps up to the 267.

Do you have any suggestions on what I can do to fix this?

Barry

Hi @amandaveeenhuis,

I’m sorry to hear that you and your client have experienced difficulties.

Building event views like month view efficiently can indeed generate a lot of individual queries and so if your site is in receipt of a lot of traffic, these probably will add up.

The site has 267 queries. When I turn all plugins off and reload them one at a time it slowly increases to about 97. Then when I turn on events calendar it amps up to the 267.

I’m curious, are you seeing this kind of increase even on pages without any event-related content (ie, not an events view and no events widgets in place)?

Do you have any suggestions on what I can do to fix this?

On reviewing your system information it looks like you may not be using any form of caching at present (unless it is applied at a different level than I would see there) – but caching would certainly save on the amount of work that needs to be done to serve many requests.

Is that something you can explore?

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘MySQL database query limit’ is closed to new replies.