My calendar grid isn't showing up

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO My calendar grid isn't showing up

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anthony D’Arco
    Participant

I recently switched server and all of a sudden my event calendar is doing this:
    http://www.stjohnofthecross.org/school/events/
    I would have done a search through the forums, but I don’t even know what to look for…

Thank you,
    Anthony

Samuel

Hi Anthony! I don’t think this is related to your server move. What i do see happening is that you are using a custom css (style sheet file, it controls the layout of the event pages/grid) which is now outdated.

The custom style sheet file that your theme is loading contains old names that have now been changed in Events 2.0. So I am going to assume that in fact your plugin has recently upgraded from version 1.x to 2. Did you do an update run on your plugins recently?

To resolve this the person(s) who created your theme need to modify the names in the custom css file to the new standard ECP uses (mostly replacing instances of “tec” with “tribe”, plus port any new style information that has been added by comparing the files. Or – to at least get default styles running – the custom css must be removed for now from the header so ecp loads its untouched one.

Let me know if you need more information!

Anthony D’Arco
    Participant

Well, I’m not sure if I fully understand, but I at least got them working. I deleted the old events folder form the server (the one with the custom stylings). I guess I’ll have to read up on how to style them.

Thank you,
    Anthony

Samuel

OK, at least it’s looking workable now Anthony, though a few tweaks are needed. I assume you have a backup of that custom work? Down the road, you can note that instead of deleting the folder you can just rename it, that would have saved the custom work right there and made ecp load the defaults.

The folder could have contained other custom work for your calendar/events pages (not just the grid) that you might miss now/down the road, work which a themer/developer could port easily…

Customizing ECP does require at least a basic knowledge of css/html but our documentation is robust in regards to structure and methods:
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/documentation/
    Good luck!
    Sam

Anthony D’Arco
    Participant

I apologize I misspoke. I did intact simply rename it, I do have everything backed up. So, the conversion shouldn’t be too too bad. Thank you for the link on the documentation.

Thank you,
    Anthony

Rob

Hey Anthony, hope this was of some value to you. Let me know if you’ve mostly got this sorted!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘My calendar grid isn't showing up’ is closed to new replies.