Multisite Languages

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Multisite Languages

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Julian

Hey,
    can i use the tickets plugin on a multisite and display the same events in different languages?
    Also is it possible that when a person buys a ticket on lets say the german page, the total amount of tickets left also reduces on the english page?

Regards,

Julian

Geoff

Hey Julian,

Awesome questions. I would love to tell you that all of that is possible, but I’m afraid they aren’t. We have a number of known conflicts and issues with multilingual plugins that would make the tickets a tough sell for you. And, even if those were good, we’re working on a feature that would allow tickets to share a global stock but haven’t targeted a specific release date for it.

Sorry for the glum news, but does this help answer your questions? Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions and I’d be happy to help. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Julian

Just to understand correctly, in the future it will be possible that there is a global stock which is shared between different pages? And it is not possible to translate and display the same events on multiple sites in different languages, meaning i would also not be able to manually translate?

Thanks for the support.

Geoff

You’re absolutely right — we are working on a concept that would allow the ability to create multiple tickets that share the same inventory. It’s still in the early stages, but adding your vote to the feature request will keep you in the loop for sure.

The same is true of the multilingual support. For now, there are not any multilingual plugins I’m aware of that are completely compatible with The Events Calendar. Some sites are completely unaffected by the conflicts, but it seems that some specific features (i.e. tickets and recurring events) make up the majority of the conflicts I’ve seen reported here in the forums. Definitely on our radar and definitely should be on yours as well. 🙂

Any other questions I can help with?

Geoff

Geoff

Hi Juliian! I see your last reply was marked as the correct answer so I’ll go ahead and close this thread. Thanks again for reaching out and please feel free to let us know if any other questions pop up that we can help with. 🙂

Cheers,
    Geoff

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Multisite Languages’ is closed to new replies.