Multisite and ECP

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Multisite and ECP

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Jonathan Martin
    Participant

Loving Events Calendar pro. We bought the pro license (username: bigspring) and am having a slightly odd issue which I *think* is related to the fact we’re running multisite, but hopefully you can confirm / help.

On Site A, we installed the plugin and it works perfectly fine. The Event URL slug is /gigs. Incidentally, we did create a blank “placeholder” page with the permalink of gigs.

When we installed on Site B, we used the same Event URL and also have a page with the permalink of gigs. The events aren’t shown on this page, but do appear in the sidebar widget and I can see the tribe_events posts in the database. If we change the Event slug to something else (eg. events) it works fine. What’s really strange is when we change the Event URL slug to events, the /gigs page works correctly.

Any idea what could be causing this? Happy to give you access to our development server if it helps.

Jonathan Martin
    Participant

For reference, I originally emailed support direct and their reply was to disable other plugins and check we had the most recent version installed. I haven’t disabled all other plugins yet (will do so when I next work on the project) but here’s a list of plugins we have installed and active:

Twitter Tools
    Wordpress SEO
    Widget Logic
    Contact Form 7
    Domain Mapping Plugin

None of these deal with custom post types. We do have custom post types defined through other themes with other child sites in the multisite, but not this particular child site.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Jon,

Sorry for the delay on this. I’m not exactly sure what the problem could be. I’m going to have some other team members take a look and will follow up tomorrow. Thanks for your patience.

– Jonah

Barry

Hi Jon – I’m one of Jonah’s colleagues on the support team. Just jumping in here, hope that’s ok.

I’d like to ensure that I’m understanding the problem first of all: perhaps it would be best if I describe the way in which I tested this scenario.

1. Using a networked WordPress installation I created three sites, the “parent” site which I will call site P and two “child” sites which I will call sites A and B.

2. I set up events on all of those sites and set the event slugs to “gigs” and “gig” respectively on each site, I also created a regular WordPress page on each site with the slug “gigs”.

3. When I then visited the gigs page – site.com/gigs, site.com/child-a/gigs or site.com/child-b/gigs – I was able to see the normal month view just as I would expect and it appeared to be populated correctly in each case.

Am I understanding the issue correctly or can you identify anything I would need to do differently here to replicate what you are experiencing?

Thanks!

Barry

Jonathan Martin
    Participant

Hi Guys,
    Thanks for the advice Barry. It sounds like your setup is exactly the same as ours, so it must be something local for us.

I’ll go through and disable plugins / theme and see if I can work it out. Will report back!

Thanks.

Barry

Sounds like a plan: hopefully you find the source of the problem, but either way we’d love to hear how you get on.

Barry

Hi Jon – just checking in to see if you need further help or if we can mark this as closed.

Jonathan Martin
    Participant

Hi Barry,

I never actually got to the bottom of the issue, and we’re not actually not using the plugin for one of the child sites in our multisite so we don’t technically have the issue any more.

Don’t worry – it was fresh information from the client rather than ECP not doing what we need. It’s a great plugin!

So yeah, feel free to mark as closed and I’ll revisit later if needs be.

Thanks.

Barry

Cool, well thanks for getting back to us and as you said just create a new post if needs be in the future 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Multisite and ECP’ is closed to new replies.