Multisite and Desktop Server

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Multisite and Desktop Server

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Joseph Dickson

Hello,
    I use Desktop Server for testing before moving plugins into my live environment.

I’m considering the Community Manager “Multisite” bundle and wanted to know if I could also install it on my local install of desktop server without running into license issues.

Geoff

Hey Joseph and thanks for reaching out! Hope you had a great weekend. 🙂

Good question. Multisite licenses can be activated on a single multisite network. If you’re running a local version of the network on your computer (which is awesome!) then you will need to move the license between the local and live installations in order to activate automatic updates on each. Everything else, however, will work just fine.

Here’s an article that explains that in a little more detail, for your reference:
    https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/using-one-license-for-your-live-and-dev-sites/

Does this help answer your question? Please let me know.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Joseph Dickson

Yes, this answered my question.

But I have a followup on which package I really need.

I have a large multi-site (approximately 70 subdirectories) but the calendar would only appear on one the “homepage” subfolder.

Would a multi-site package be overkill if I only run one calendar. I’m strongly considering the Community Manager Business Bundle as it’s unlikely I’d need more than 3 in the first year.

I read in another thread post that an account can be upgraded when necessary.

Geoff

Right on, thanks for following up Joseph!

Either the Business or the Multisite license level will do the trick. I would lean toward multisite simply because you can install it on the network level once and be done with it, as opposed to business where you would need to install the plugins for each network instance and then change that once you decide to upgrade. But still, either way works. 🙂

Does this help clarify things a little more?

Cheers!
    Geoff

Joseph Dickson

Thanks Geoff,
    Much appreciated, answered both my questions.

Geoff

My pleasure! So glad this helps and I hope the plugins are a great fit for your project. Definitely feel free to let us know if any other questions pop up and we’d be happy to help. 🙂

Cheers,
    Geoff

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Multisite and Desktop Server’ is closed to new replies.