Multisite

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Multisite

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Derek

Does events calendar (tec)have ability to create a global events page within a multisite env? In other words if I have a multisite and a couple hundred site owners with tec installed and site owners are creating events within their install of tec can i also have a global page of all events from whole network on main blog?

I see you have very expensive options for multisite, unlike your main comp who only charges a multisite as a single install regardless of domain mapping or anything, but how does your license handle domain mapping?

Nico

Hi Derek,

Thanks for getting in touch with us and for your interest in our products 🙂

I’ll answer your questions below, but please first check out this knowledge base article covering Multisite Licenses.

Does events calendar (tec)have ability to create a global events page within a multisite env?

No, this is not a feature of our plugin. The events created on a site (top level or subsite) will be exclusive of that site. This said there are a couple of ways to achieve this:

• Show an RSS feed of all subsites events: from the main site, use a simple RSS feed plugin and pull in all the content from the subsite’s feed. Downside of this approach is that event’s won’t be shown in our calendar views, but in a feed listing.
    • Import events to the main site: using iCal Importer plugin (or the upcoming Events Aggregator service) you can import the events from the subsite’s iCal feed automatically (scheduled imports) into the main site. This way events will be shown in the main site calendar and could be linked to the subsite’s single event page or be displayed in the main site. For this you won’t need a multisite license for iCal Importer (or Events Aggregator) as the plugin will only be used in the main site.

I see you have very expensive options for multisite, unlike your main comp who only charges a multisite as a single install regardless of domain mapping or anything, but how does your license handle domain mapping?

Thanks for the feedback! Please note you’ll only need a Multisite License to “Network Activate” a plugin, individually activate the plugin on 11 or more sub-sites, or do automatic updates on any number of sub-sites (more info about Multisite Licenses here). But it’s not necessary if you plan to use it in a single site in the network. Regarding domain mapping, there’s nothing special to it the licenses are per site or subsite regardless the domain you use for them (subdomains or different domains).

Please let me know if there’s anything else I can help you with,
    Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Multisite’ is closed to new replies.