Multiplying events, database crash, lost events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Multiplying events, database crash, lost events

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Kelli Burrows
    Participant

we had a data crash here due to events multiplying on their own and exceeding the database limit. The .sql file became so large that I was unable to open and edit it. We are now missing hundreds of entered events through the community calendar. While I have begun to rebuild the site, I need those events.

Are they stored somewhere other than on the main database? Were/are they all listed under wp_options? that is where all the hundreds of multiples were? Is there some way to find them??

Did this multiplying event issue get solved?? We just re-upped for another year but I’m hesitant to use it now. Also, I’m working for free trying to restore this. Not a happy customer, to say the least.

Please help, ASAP
    Kburrows

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Kelli,

Thank you for reaching out!

I’m really sorry about the site crash and the frustration that causes. That is really awful! I’ll do my best to help you out with this.

Are they stored somewhere other than on the main database?

No. All events are stored in the database in the wp_posts and wp_postmeta tables.

Events are custom post types, so the basic information gets saved in wp_posts – just like for a blog. The details of the event (dates and times, meta data, etc.) are then saved in the wp_postmeta table where the ‘post_id’ column contains the ID of the event for reference.

Did this multiplying event issue get solved?

I’m not quite sure what issue you are referring to exactly.

We did have an issue with imported events being duplicated, but I see that you are not using any imports so that is not the case here.

Can you please elaborate what exactly the issue is, maybe point me to a thread where this is discussed? Does it happen to all events, or only recurring events? Only some recurring events? Any detail can be useful here.

The .sql file became so large that I was unable to open and edit it.

Although I don’t know how large your file got, but there are text editors which can handle quite big file sizes. The built-in Windows notepad is unfortunately not one of them but Notepad++ or Atom are pretty good.

Please, let me know how I can assist you further.

Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Multiplying events, database crash, lost events’ is closed to new replies.