Multiple Weekly events missing first week?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Multiple Weekly events missing first week?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    David Plumstead
    Participant

Hi,

I’m trying to add an event that takes place on Thursdays. There are two time slots per Thursday: 10am and 10:30am. I created the 10am as a weekly recurring event from Jan 11 – Jan 25. It shows up on my calendar on the 11th, 18th and 25th as one would expect.

Then I added another weekly events for the 10:30 slot, also ending Jan 25.

Almost everything shows as expected.

For some reason, even though the details show “An event every week that begins at 10:30am on Thursday, repeating until January 25, 2018”, tomorrow’s 10:30 event does not show (but the following weeks at that time do).

What am I doing wrong?

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Tyler!

Thanks for getting in touch with us! Let me help you with this topic.

I don’t think you are doing anything wrong here, it’s just how recurring events are designed to work. Let me explain this further and the way to achieve exactly what you are looking for.

The main event is the one you created for Jan 11 at 10am – 10.30am. All the recurring instances you created (both at the same time and from 10.30 to 11am) are weekly, which means they will be created starting next week Jan 18.

So, if you also want to add another instance for Jan 11 at 10.30am you can create a Once instance for that purpose. See the following event series as an example:

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Best,
    Victor

David Plumstead
    Participant

Got it – thanks!

I’m still adjusting to having that “once” option there – my previous calendaring experiences didn’t have that option. I have exactly what I was looking for now, thanks!

Victor
    Keymaster

Hey Tyler!

Glad to know everything is working as expected! Thanks for letting me know about it.

I’ll close this thread now, but feel free to open a new topic if anything comes up and we’ll be happy to help.

Cheers,
    Victor

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Multiple Weekly events missing first week?’ is closed to new replies.